Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Mother's Helper Pay

debsey

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 8:47 am
What would you offer to pay a mother's helper, who is coming in the evening to help out with homework, errands (like driving kids to lessons), and just being a second mom in the home while Mom is running the evening hours of a business?
It needs to be an older single (license) or young married - so it's not like hiring an 8th grader to help out - needs to be a respectable salary, but not so high it's unsustainable.
What is reasonable to offer?
Hours are 4-7:30, so it's not like it's the entire night.

asp40

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 9:10 am
Depends on your location and the number of kids. But I would say no less than $10/hour and probably $15/hour.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 9:14 am
I would also think about $15 an hour - it's a little more than the going rate for a babysitter, and sounds like you want someone older, more mature, more experienced.....

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 9:26 am
I pay my 42 year old babysitter $10 an hour whether she's alone with my kids or helping me with them. But I'm in Cleveland.

justcallmeima

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 10:39 am
I think it depends on what is minimum wage where you live. I would think about $5.00 more than minimum wage. Where I am that would be $15-$18 an hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics