Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
15 month old only wants to sleep in carriage

bargainlover

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 8:19 pm
Any suggestions how to get him to want to sleep in crib? He also refuses pack n play by babysitter...I am desperate for ideas to break this habit! TIA!

tweety1

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 9:38 pm
No need to. Why do u care? My first one only wanted to sleep in a swing untill he was a year or a little older. My pediatrician told me as long as he's comfortable why bother

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 9:53 pm
DD would only sleep in a car seat for the first year. We kept a spare in the house, and when she fell asleep we'd move the whole thing into her room for the night. It worked great!

otsrock

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 9:59 pm
My pediatrician calls babies who sleep in swings/don't get tummy time "flat head babies". In the therapy world, these are the kids we see all the time for torticollis and developmental delays such as difficulty crawling.
I'm not trying to be judgemental. Just trying to give my professional (OT) opinion.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 10:06 pm
otsrock wrote:
My pediatrician calls babies who sleep in swings/don't get tummy time "flat head babies". In the therapy world, these are the kids we see all the time for torticollis and developmental delays such as difficulty crawling.
I'm not trying to be judgemental. Just trying to give my professional (OT) opinion.

If you balance it out with lots of tummy time, exercise, and other physical activity, it shouldn't be a problem. You don't want a baby sleeping face down anyway, right?

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 10:07 pm
I am for stomach sleeping with the head to the side. The opposite side from last time.

bargainlover

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 10:22 pm
tweety1 wrote:
No need to. Why do u care? My first one only wanted to sleep in a swing untill he was a year or a little older. My pediatrician told me as long as he's comfortable why bother

I care because 1) he doesn't sleep comfortably in there so I always have to transfer him within a 1/2 hour 2) I have to shlep the carriage to his babysitter and back everyday. He only likes his carriage.

The morah for next yr where I am sending him only lets the kids sleep on mats AFAIK. Very nervous about that, even though its a while....

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 10:29 pm
My daughter likes to sleep in a stroller when she has an ear infection. That's always my first indication. Make sure his ears r ok

bargainlover

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 10:33 pm
[quote="MnM1130"]My daughter likes to sleep in a stroller when she has an ear infection. That's always my first indication. Make sure his ears r ok[/quote

Problem is he does it everyday!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics