Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Best mixer???
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 4:37 am
whats the best mixer for Challos and cakes, ccokies etc?

Magic mill, bosch?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:40 am
Magic Mill for challos Bosch easier for cakes. Either one are great

SingALong

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:02 am
If you have space to keep on the counter always if get kitchen aid for cakes. I have it for preach it whips eggs in seconds but weighs a ton
I have the Bosch for all year round I love it for challah, cakes it's ok too but not as good as kitchen aid

Frenchfry

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:18 am
I love my bosch!

lfab

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:01 am
Definitely the Bosch. The lid keeps flour from flying all over.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:09 am
I'm happy with my magic mill, it does a great job with both cakes and challa and makes a nice amount. Its a bit bulky but I'm guessing any decent mixer has that issue. People seem to happy with bosch too though...look at both and see which you prefer.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:50 am
I love my magic mill. I also have a small handmixer (kitchen aid has outlasted cuisineart) for quick cake whip-ups, so I don't have to shlep the mill out every time I want to make a quick batch of muffins or some cookies.

sourstix

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 11:05 am
I have a bosch and love it. I checked out magic one and I couldnt figure out ohow to use it so I took the bosch. its great!

sitting

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 11:21 am
Have always had a bosch so cant compare but its lasted 14 yrs so far and I love it.....does tons of challah too

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 4:55 pm
I, too, agree. I have Bosch for years and have made tons of Challah and cake...biz 120!!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 4:58 pm
Kitchen aid came out with a 7 quart mixer. It's the best of both bec until now kitchen aid was better then Bosch but not big enough to so with the new mixer size the bowl is exactly the same as the Bosch but you can have the quality of a kitchen aid.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 5:29 pm
How much does the 7 quart kitchen aid cost is it heavy to lift

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 5:46 pm
Full price is Around 549 but there are always sAles

ImaCohen4

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:51 pm
I find my Bosch handles challah dough MUCH better than my Kichenaid. I have a Cuisinart that's just as good as Kitchenaid as well however the Bosch out performs it on challah as well.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 2:01 am
Do you have the seven quart kitchen aid because otherwise of course the kitchen aid wasn't good. Only the seven quart kitchen aid I'd good for challah. The Bosch is a seven quart mixer too.

ImaCohen4

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 4:41 am
Yes the 7qt Kitchenaid and I find that it does not handle the double batches of challos. It is not as stable as my Bosch which has suction cups that adhere to the counter top. Also my Kitchenaid shows the strain under the double batches whereas the Bosch does not even shudder at whatever work load I throw at it. For this reason my Kitchenaid has been relegated to the pastries, cakes, brownies, cookies, and yada yada for fleishig and parve meals. The Bosch does all of my breads. I probably need to mention that I make my own flour every 2 weeks via grinding it so the flour is much stiffer and fibrous that if I used regular store bought flour off the shelf which has all of the nutritional value stripped from it. This is an extra exertion on the stand mixers. The Cuisinart is used for all of the dairy baking ect. As I mentioned before its a wonderful appliance and there are things I love about it more so than the Kitchenaid and vice versa. To explain a bit more about grinding my own flour, I own a Wondermill and it takes very little time to grind the 2 weeks worth of the different types of flour I will be using for the month. Spelt, millet, wheat ect. We have Crohn's disease and other such issues in the family that my husband and I do our best to try to maximize on health potential where we can. By sifting the flour we can create our own pastry flour which I do not do too often and I'm able to create gluten free when necessary ect. It is a very healthy way to eat but an expense that can be cost prohibitive for some. We just scrimp from any processed foods and stick to what is natural and our grocery bill is actually very low comparatively speaking. The flour gets put into the freezer if not being used within 4 days to avoid rancidity.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 6:04 am
amother wrote:
Kitchen aid came out with a 7 quart mixer. It's the best of both bec until now kitchen aid was better then Bosch but not big enough to so with the new mixer size the bowl is exactly the same as the Bosch but you can have the quality of a kitchen aid.

Completely disagree. It's not about the size of the bowl. It's the wattage of the motor that is the issue, and it cannot handle 5 lbs of flour in a bread dough, even if it all fits in the bowl. I broke mine (highest power motor possible) that way, and waited 9 years without any mixer for challah, before buying my Bosch a few months ago.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 6:18 am
Kitchen aid just came under a year ago how can you have broken yours nine years ago? The motor is very strong. You might be mixing it up with the six quart. I don't know when I use my Bosch for challah the mixer jumps all over the counter and I have to physically hold it down once I was on the phone and got distracted the mixer fell on the floor and missed my crawling babies head bh. When I called Bosch to complain they did not care and was so callous. TheY could have had a huge lawsuit. Luckily I found someone who can fix it so it didn't cost me so much.

But I'm still bothered how they didn't care.

Again do people have the seven quart kitchen aid not the six quart its under a year on the market for the public. It also has a commercial motor and the motor is stronger than the Bosch?

sitting

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 6:20 am
Im watchimg this and interested to hear from 7 quart owners. Bosch does jump around when has 2 bags of flour in it....but I love it anyway

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 6:26 am
http://www.webstaurantstore.co.....w_wcB
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics