Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Are your kids getting out early today?
1  2  Next

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:44 am
Just curious. I had some friends who said their kids schoolset them now last night that they will have early dismissal.
My kids schools have full days. What about yours? (And where do you live?) we are in far rockaway.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:47 am
In monsey no school today

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:52 am
Give it time. There's still plenty of hours for the schools to decide to dismiss early.

My friend's kid's school didn't open at all. Our local public schools opened with an early dismissal set. My high school dd found out about her early dismissal on the bus this morning, and another of my schools will tell us by 10:30.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:56 am
Which schools in Monsey already confirmed closed today?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:17 am
amother wrote:
Give it time. There's still plenty of hours for the schools to decide to dismiss early.

My friend's kid's school didn't open at all. Our local public schools opened with an early dismissal set. My high school dd found out about her early dismissal on the bus this morning, and another of my schools will tell us by 10:30.

That's just wrong. Once schools starts they can't change the dismissal time for that day cuz it will leave parents in a lurch!! It needs to be set with enoug time for parents to make arrangements, and scrambling isn't fair.
My sons school for sure won't end early, and probably my daughters won't either, but I will most likely pick my kids up early. I don't want to be out doing carpool at 4:00

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:20 am
No.

imaima

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:24 am
eema of 3 wrote:
That's just wrong. Once schools starts they can't change the dismissal time for that day cuz it will leave parents in a lurch!! It needs to be set with enoug time for parents to make arrangements, and scrambling isn't fair.
My sons school for sure won't end early, and probably my daughters won't either, but I will most likely pick my kids up early. I don't want to be out doing carpool at 4:00

Not to mention their own staff!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:26 am
eema of 3 wrote:

They've done it many times in the past. (Monsey)

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 8:59 am
amother wrote:
They've done it many times in the past. (Monsey)

That doesn't make it right....

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
Which schools in Monsey already confirmed closed today?

Ateres. But I assume if they're closed all schools are because they go according to the school district

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:12 am
eema of 3 wrote:

Our school told us to call in by a certain time to see if there is early dismissal

rdmom

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:25 am
BP school here.

We were told to call at 12 for a status update.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 9:26 am
Our schools said they will say around 12:30 if there is early dismissal. It is pretty expected that they do that here.
They try to have busing if possible for early dismissal.

EDIT: private schools here are ending 90 minutes after Friday dismissal. I guess they are doing that to make busing scheduling easier. (I'm so grateful for busing right now!!)

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
Ateres. But I assume if they're closed all schools are because they go according to the school district

Most Monsey schools are open with a Friday dismissal

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:08 am
eema of 3 wrote:
That doesn't make it right....

Perhaps inconvenient but the other option would be just to cancel completely. Conditions change as the day goes by and they can't always know in advance...

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:33 am
sky wrote:
Our schools said they will say around 12:30 if there is early dismissal. It is pretty expected that they do that here.
They try to have busing if possible for early dismissal.

EDIT: private schools here are ending 90 minutes after Friday dismissal. I guess they are doing that to make busing scheduling easier. (I'm so grateful for busing right now!!)

What area?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
Perhaps inconvenient but the other option would be just to cancel completely. Conditions change as the day goes by and they can't always know in advance...

Or, as other schools did, make the decision the night before.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:57 am
Passaic school let us know at 10 that they are closing around 12 there's no reason(that I can think of) they couldn't of let us know earlier Sad

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 1:10 pm
eema of 3 wrote:

It's not the schools' fault, it's the Board of Education. My kid's school is getting out at 1:45.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 1:34 pm
My kids should be home soon - early dismissals of 1:15-1:30. DD's high school has already cancelled for tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children