Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
MOVING AWAY FROM FAMILY

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 11:23 am
I Bought house hour away from my city I grew up. I know it's the right thing to do. I'm getting a nice big house when here I would NEVER get this . Prices are ridiculously High in this city. However I can't help but feel sad for leaving my family and friends behind. Has anyone had such an experience? How can you share your experience.

abby1776

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 11:42 am
Moving away from close family is hard. But an hour is still very easy to visit on a sunday or other secular holiday. Its not as if you moved where you could only visit via plane ride or 10 hour drive. But you will have to find a way to stay connected, whereas now you probably all see each other every day.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 11:53 am
I actually live 20 minute walk from family. However it's not like have to rely on car. I can't help but feel like I'll be the outcast of the family. It makes me sad

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 12:26 pm
there are many things people give up to help their immediate family flourish ...

an hour away is still close enough for sporadic sunday visits - and having a big house means your extended family has room for a nice weekend getaway

people growing up 'out-of-town' are usually more mellow

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 12:37 pm
LOL. OP sounds like she's from NY. Brooklyn? Five towns?

You're not going to be the family outcast. I'm from wayyy out of town, and then I moved a continent away from my family, and we talk all the time, every day. There's something called texting? And facetime? And skype? And a phone? And a willingness to travel, even though I have to take lots of planes to get to my family. You only have a car or a long walk - I can't tell which one.

Relax. It's fine. Enjoy your big house and know you got the best of both worlds. You're close enough to your family and far enough to be independent and make your own life and maybe make some new friends while you're in a nice big house.

sourstix

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 12:49 pm
it hard to move away from family that you are so close to and have been around for all your life. I am doing the same, I guess I will feel the pinch when I actually move. it will ease up with the time, as you make new friends and get used to the new place. kol haschalos kashos, it will get better with time.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 1:20 pm
Thank you all! I guess I just needed some comforting words . The more I hear positive feedback I realize it's the right thing to do

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 1:55 pm
we're probably doing it also but we are going from being an hr away from my inlaws to A LOT more. Sad At the end of the day we don't see the any of our relatives everyday and we have to live where it's best for us. I am nervous though...

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 2:38 pm
I live in a different country than my family. It is really hard, but I know I'm doing right for my husband and kids by living here in EY. You have to do what's right for you. An hour isn't so far away, and there's always the phone, and skype.

tovasara

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 11:20 am
Plus - with all the technology today, it's relatively easy to keep in touch, share pictures, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating