Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Stinky laundry advice

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 1:22 pm
omg- crazy smelly night sweats and can't get the stench out from the pj's any laundry secrets or tips????
or herbel tips not to have stinky sweat at night???

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 1:48 pm
try making the garment wet, rubbing a good dish soap in, scrubbing and washing out smell in sink. if it still smells, sprinkle with some vinegar as well and let sit a few minutes. then wash in machine as usual.

do you shower at night before bed or in the morning after you wake up? showering before bed can often help you keep fresh at night.

also, are you using all cotton breathable PJs?

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 1:52 pm
I buy baking soda in big bags from costco, and throw a handful in with detergent to smelly loads. Works wonderfully!

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 4:16 pm
Or add a cupful of vinegar to the final rinse water. Or dry outdoors in sunlight if you are lucky enough to have an outdoor clothesline.

smss

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 4:18 pm
imasinger wrote:
I buy baking soda in big bags from costco, and throw a handful in with detergent to smelly loads. Works wonderfully!

love those big bags of baking soda! it's also great for cleaning stoves.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 5:00 pm
I do shower before bed and I do wear cotton pjs
I have one of those HE tub washing machines so I can't add anything in the middle of a load. Do you think I can sprinkle the baking soda on the laundry before I start the wash?

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 8:41 pm
I'm not sure how you can get the smell out, other than using lots of detergent.
To prevent sweat, make sure to shave/wax your armpits and only sleep in a clean bra.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
I have one of those HE tub washing machines so I can't add anything in the middle of a load. Do you think I can sprinkle the baking soda on the laundry before I start the wash?

I also have a HE machine. I throw it in the little soap dish right along with the detergent. But sprinkling it on the laundry, particularly in smelly places, would probably work, too.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 8:50 pm
baking soda & vinegar ... along with your detergent

especially great for towels, socks, bathing suits & other smelly stuff Drunken Smile

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 9:07 pm
amother wrote:

I have an HE front loader, too, and I've never had an issue with laundry smelling after it's been washed. Are you using hot water?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 27 2015, 9:38 pm
op here- its not all of the clothing that doesn't end smelling fresh- only the stinky pjs. Will try the methods suggested on the next load. Just don't want to have to keep buying new pjs.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry