Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Traveling decision with kids

amother

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 10:49 pm
My kids will be off of school in a few weeks for a few days. I would like to take a road trip to visit friends for a few days and am thinking that the only way possible would be to leave my youngest, he's 2 at home with my husband. He can't go because of work but I feel like it's either I go with just the older kids or we all just stay home. My kids really want to go see our friends and I've been feeling the need to get out and travel but I want to know if it's wrong of me to leave my 2 year old behind. I feel guilty but it'll be so hard traveling with him. He doesn't travel well or sleep well out of his own crib. Is it really not nice of me to go without him and do something nice like this for the older kids? My husband said he will have a great time with him at home and they'll go places but I feel bad.
What are some of your thoughts?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 11:21 pm
If your husband is on board with keeping the little one behind and entertaining him, I see no reason to feel guilty or overthink this; go enjoy the trip with the older kids.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 2:09 am
Go! You and the older kids deserve a few days away. If your husband says it will be fine, I'm sure they'll have a great time.

vicki

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:53 am
I love traveling as well and think it's great that you can take this opportunity.
The only thing that would dissuade me is an uneasy spouse.

But you're way past that hurdle.
Have a blast with your older kids - make lifelong memories - even if only with most of the family.

[My dh isn't so much into travel and site-seeing. So, while longer, multi-day trips we all go together (dh warms up to it as the fun starts and is always happy that we went after the fact) I go on lots of special activity trips with just the kids. Sometimes I leave the youngest behind, which dh is not thrilled with but he appreciates the older kids enjoying something special.]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics