Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Majorly messed up sleeping schedule - need advice!!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 28 2015, 11:24 pm
I work until 2:00 and I have a toddler who needs a nap before that time (around 12:00-2:00). If she goes to sleep any later than that, she will be up until 10:00/11:00 at night, even if she only sleeps for an hour or so.
My problem is that she will not go to sleep in her playgroup. I tried a pac n play and she just stood up, cried, wouldn't lie down. The morah tried to put her on the couch with her paci but she wouldn't lie down and there was a lot going on with kids/noise. She will not sleep there. I have no option to pick her up earlier since I am at work. By the time we get home, it is usually about 2:30 and too late for a nap. I will push her to stay awake but then she will fall asleep at like 4:00 or 5:00 NO MATTER WHAT sitting, collapse on floor, exhausted. Then I try to wake her up but she can't stay awake. So I try to let her sleep from 2:30 - 3:30 but then at night she can't fall asleep till 9:00 or later.

If I push her to stay up till 6:00 or even almost 7:00, she often wakes up around 10:00 ready to play. Basically whenever she falls asleep in the late afternoon, she wakes up all wound up and won't fall asleep before 10-pm.

I need her to nap earlier like around 1:00 and wake up by 2:30/3:00 THE LATEST. I don't know what to do - I can't stop working and she won't sleep at playgroup.

The other mothers' kids sleep in a pac n play or they pick up their kids earlier or their kids already stopped napping or they will doze off on the couch. I am the only one with this problem.

Please, please help. Lately I have been staying up till 10:30 or 11:00 with her and it is wearing me out.

Frumom

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 12:01 am
How long has the Morah tried to get her to sleep there? It can take longer for some kids to adjust. Also is there a lot of noise or bright light when she's trying to fall asleep? Maybe she can go to sleep in a more quiet area if so. Also does she have a blanket she likes that you can send?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics