Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working from home with baby - is it possible? tips?
Previous  1  2

chani8

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 1:15 am
amother wrote:
What if answer phone when child is not crying and then child starts crying?

You really must have a sound proof room that you can run to when you are on the phone, if baby starts fussing in the middle.Both DH and I work at home so one of us can usually pick up the baby to rescue whoever is on the phone.

Just know that callers can hear everything in the background. So if it gets noisy, you may want to explain that you work at home, but 'baby is fine', just playing happily if the noises are happy noises. And if the baby isn't happy, then excuse yourself to call back later. People understand.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 1:45 am
amother wrote:
What if answer phone when child is not crying and then child starts crying?

It probably depends on your baby. When mine was really young before I would go on the phone, I made sure he was fed, changed, had a pacifier ready.... And he was usually fine. If he did start crying and rocking him/giving him a pacifier didnt help, I would just pick him up while on the phone and he would usually quite down (if not, I would hold him standing and that usually worked). But that depends on how well your baby behaves (some don't calm down as easily). Also how long do you have to be on the phone for? If its 5 mints or 45 mints?

Once he got older, it got even easier because he started napping at a certain time every day and I made all my calls then. But this only really works if you can make calls at your convenience. (Or if you can give the 2-3 hr time frame that the baby sleeps and tell people to only call then)

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 6:00 am
it really depends if your work hours are flexible. I did it till my DD was 19 months. It was hard but doable. I ended up working a lot of hours at night to make up for the time I spent doling out snacks, changing diapers, and kissing boo boos. My prerogative was to keep my child at home for as long as possible so I made it work. If you don't care sending your baby to a sitter then for sure send. It will definitely make your life easier! Good Luck
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics