Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
ATT Golden Flow milk buyers!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

jflower

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:53 am
rosebunch wrote:
Not sure what this is all about. Our golden flow milk tastes just fine. I've found that other brands spoiled quicker. I would suggest moving the bottle further into the fridge which prolongs its quality.

I had the same experience as rosebunch where Golden Flow milk lasted longer than the other brands. I use either skim or lowfat milk and our milk is fine. I wonder if this issue is only with Golden Flow whole milk.

I keep milk about halfway down the top shelf of the fridge, never on the door where the temp isn't cold enough.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 12:09 pm
mommyla wrote:
I find that the Devash goes funny sometimes too. I was not happy when NPGS stopped carrying Pride of the Farm.

More politics.
Same here. We don't like Devash. Golden Flow goes bad too fast. We make a special trip to Shoprite to buy Pride of the farm. Their milk prices are excellent as well.

Talya

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 12:11 pm
I don't usually have a problem with Golden Flow.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 12:15 pm
Interesting. Golden flow is my favorite brand. I've found it to last longer than other brands. What you are referring to as a "nutty" flavor may simply be a little bit of the cream that has risen to the top if you had a bottle in the fridge for a while before opening. Spoiled milk is sour, not nutty.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 12:34 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Interesting. Golden flow is my favorite brand. I've found it to last longer than other brands. What you are referring to as a "nutty" flavor may simply be a little bit of the cream that has risen to the top if you had a bottle in the fridge for a while before opening. Spoiled milk is sour, not nutty.

Same here. Ive never had spoiled milk from Golden Flow. They're the only brand I trust to stay fresh for over a week. I shop only once a week 4-5 bottles at a time.

I wonder if theres a problem with the store's fridge.

makemehappy

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 12:40 pm
The only milk I'll ever buy is Golden Flow! Stays fresh the longest.

Fave

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 12:54 pm
And I thought I'm the only one that realized that Golden Flow milk tastes different (nutty) not spoiled......

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 2:09 pm
makemehappy wrote:
The only milk I'll ever buy is Golden Flow! Stays fresh the longest.

If you're ever in the Midwest (or Southeast or Central West or Northwest, etc.) where they sell Lamer's Cholov Yisroel milk (made in Wisconsin through an organization in Chicago headed by DH), try it. It is amazing -- it lasts close to 3 weeks and has won numerous awards for a best quality product. After being used to it, I can't stand drinking the milks from NY.

MadameX

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:45 pm
Update: I retuned my Golden Flow milk and went to a different store where I purchased Fresh and Tasty. Halleluja, the milk tasts fine!
There was also Devash brand, but I am not familiar with it.
I noticed that on Fresh and Tasty there is no mention of "no hormones added". Does that mean that this brand has more hormones than Golden flow? (Golden flow states on their lables no added hormones")
While I am at it, which milk is best in terms of hormones?

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:48 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
If you're ever in the Midwest (or Southeast or Central West or Northwest, etc.) where they sell Lamer's Cholov Yisroel milk (made in Wisconsin through an organization in Chicago headed by DH), try it. It is amazing -- it lasts close to 3 weeks and has won numerous awards for a best quality product. After being used to it, I can't stand drinking the milks from NY.

I'm a displaced chicagoan and I totally agree with you. Also, the only premade chocolate milk Ill ever buy is Lamers.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:50 pm
rosebunch wrote:
Not sure what this is all about. Our golden flow milk tastes just fine. I've found that other brands spoiled quicker. I would suggest moving the bottle further into the fridge which prolongs its quality.

I find this as well

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:54 pm
MadameX wrote:
Update: I retuned my Golden Flow milk and went to a different store where I purchased Fresh and Tasty. Halleluja, the milk tasts fine!
There was also Devash brand, but I am not familiar with it.
I noticed that on Fresh and Tasty there is no mention of "no hormones added". Does that mean that this brand has more hormones than Golden flow? (Golden flow states on their lables no added hormones")
While I am at it, which milk is best in terms of hormones?

All companies follow regulations no hormones allowed in any brand

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:54 pm
I haven't had milk in so many years but when I used to drink it, it always tasted weird. Not necessarily spoiled, just off. But I'm in FL and assumed it had something to do with improper refrigeration during shipment/ stocking process.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 6:04 pm
watergirl wrote:
I'm a displaced chicagoan and I totally agree with you. Also, the only premade chocolate milk Ill ever buy is Lamers.

You might be interested to know that the Lamers chocolate milk used to be made with 2% milk and was recently changed to 1% (due to changes in WIC regulations and requirements of Federal school programs) and there haven't been any complaints -- it is still just as popular.

MadameX

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 6:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
All companies follow regulations no hormones allowed in any brand

Didn't know that, thanks!

So I guess when they are talking about milk & hormones they are referring to the cows who get hormones and therefore into the milk?

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 6:16 pm
My Rabbi says to only drink Golden Flow. More politics?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 6:16 pm
MadameX wrote:
Didn't know that, thanks!

So I guess when they are talking about milk & hormones they are referring to the cows who get hormones and therefore into the milk?
AFAIK they're not allowed to give hormones to the cows either. Antibiotics is a different story.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 6:56 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
I heard from an employee in a Lakewood supermarket that Pride of the Farm is the best milk for Lakewood. The farm is in Lancaster County PA. The Golden Flow milk comes from upstate NY. So Pride of the Farm has less travel time and is therefore fresher than Golden Flow in Lakewood.

That said, I have also noticed that Golden Flow has a weird taste and spoils quickly. I much prefer Pride of the Farm, or when I shop at NPGS, I buy Devash.

Devash milk spoils much quicker than golden flow. Also the small bottles spoil quicker than the bigger bottles

energybar

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 8:05 pm
I also find that pride of the farm last longest. We don't drink tons of milk... I only use a bottle a week and it always stays fresh. Blue ribbon in lakewood also sells it.

L K

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 8:08 pm
Kind of off-topic but related: I've recently had several containers of Greek Yogurt bought on 2 separate shopping trip with prob."nutty", or "plasticky" smell. Anyone familiar with that?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics