Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What color is your aura?
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 5:14 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
Didn't work for me. I got white

Did you use the first link, or the second? I used the second link, and read all the profiles to see which one fit me best. It just happened to be the color that makes up 90% of my wardrobe. Wink

rachel91

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 5:28 am
I got red- of course the description doesn't fit me, because those Facebook tests are nonsense and just for fun. Lol.
After reading the other link, I'd say that a gold aura would probably fit me most, but also not to a 100%.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 5:53 am
I wouldn't put any stock into any FB quiz. Ever.

I did try a while back to see my aura as OP described but I just couldn't see anything. Not even the white outline you're supposed to see at first. Oh, well.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 7:31 am
Graphology at least purports to measure things that can be independently verified. If a graphologist looks at a handwriting sample and says things about the person's character, we can at least see if that correlates with some other measure of that same thing.

Let's leave aside the question of whether there is such a thing as an aura or not, and just look at the claim that an aura has a color. How would we know if someone was actually seeing its color or making it up? We couldn't demand that everyone see the color, there might be people unable to see auras, or who don't know how to do that, or fail to follow the instructions. Could we just take a group of aura-seers, get them to simultaneously observe an aura, and see if they come up with the same color? Of course we'd have to make sure they don't talk to one another so they don't come to agree on the same color, and we'd have to minimize any other source of information about the person whose aura is looked at because the first link claims that the color is connected to personality. So have several subjects sit still and not do anything, bring in the observers, have them silently write down which color they see for each subject, and see if they come up with the same color.

b from nj

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 7:46 am
Who cares what color my aura is?!! It seriously sounds like a bunch of hogwash to me...

mandksima

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 8:13 am
imasoftov wrote:
Graphology at least purports to measure things that can be independently verified. If a graphologist looks at a handwriting sample and says things about the person's character, we can at least see if that correlates with some other measure of that same thing.

Let's leave aside the question of whether there is such a thing as an aura or not, and just look at the claim that an aura has a color. How would we know if someone was actually seeing its color or making it up? We couldn't demand that everyone see the color, there might be people unable to see auras, or who don't know how to do that, or fail to follow the instructions. Could we just take a group of aura-seers, get them to simultaneously observe an aura, and see if they come up with the same color? Of course we'd have to make sure they don't talk to one another so they don't come to agree on the same color, and we'd have to minimize any other source of information about the person whose aura is looked at because the first link claims that the color is connected to personality. So have several subjects sit still and not do anything, bring in the observers, have them silently write down which color they see for each subject, and see if they come up with the same color.

Why did you take all the fun out of this? Confused
This is for entertainment purposes only. I have no idea if it will work for everyone who tries it. If it interests you, try it. Don't knock other people's fun though please. I once read my birthday horoscope and it was spot on as well. I don't plan on acting on any horoscope advice - it is just interesting to see that zodiac/astrology has some insight. I actually do believe in the ability to perceive people strongly but not everyone has it. There is a lot of unexplained and illogical situations out there. You don't have to believe. I was asking those interested, not those that want to make it into a scientific study.

mandksima

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 8:17 am
MiracleMama wrote:
I wouldn't put any stock into any FB quiz. Ever.

I did try a while back to see my aura as OP described but I just couldn't see anything. Not even the white outline you're supposed to see at first. Oh, well.

It is a fun quiz when it is on the mark.

b from nj

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 8:49 am
mandksima wrote:
It is a fun quiz when it is on the mark.

I personally AM a big fan of silly fb quizzes such as "what kind of mother are you?" "what kind of friend are you" "what profession should you choose" etc b/c those you know are either on the mark or not but the color of one's aura just seems way too "out there" for me but obviously some ppl. find it cool as you do which is fine. Different strokes for different folks as I like to say..

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 1:28 pm
A psych prof used to do this to every freshman psych class about halfway thru the semester: give out to each kid an analysis of his or her personality, then poll the class to see how many agreed with their analysis. They would usually be amazed at how accurate he was. Then he would ask one student to read his or her analysis aloud--and the laughter would be deafening when it became clear that every single student had been given the identical "analysis". Just saying...

imasoftov

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 1:49 pm
mandksima wrote:
Why did you take all the fun out of this? Confused

I think that performing the experiment I proposed would be lots of fun.

Quote:
Don't knock other people's fun though please.

Could you let me know how I did that?

mandksima

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 2:41 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Could you let me know how I did that?
So sorry, I thought you were mocking my post, not seriously suggesting an experiment. I also wonder if it would be a more conclusive science that way. I tried looking for my color again but couldn't see it again. Tried finding my dh's but couldn't either.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics