Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for travel buddy
1  2  3  4  Next

SplitPea

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 8:55 pm
I am needing a vacation badly. Dh can't take off and has told me to feel free to take one myself. I don't really want to go anywhere along. Anyone out there equally need a vacation and open to being travel buddies? I am open on locations, Israel, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hawaii, I am really open. I just need to get away for a bit.

If this is something you would be seriously interested in please let me know (please be willing to play Jewish geography and/or give references before travel plans are made - I would happily do the same)

I am not looking for something luxurious and will NOT be looking at 5 star places. Honestly money is tight but I NEED to get away so financially I will be cutting corners as much as I can and hope to find an equally frugal but fun loving travel buddy.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:12 pm
interesting notion ...

what is jewish geography ?

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:14 pm
greenfire wrote:
interesting notion ...

what is jewish geography ?

Its the best game ever! Example; hi, Im watergirl and Im from Chicago. Then the person whom Ive just introduced myself to gets all excited and names every person shes ever met from chicago until we hit a match. " oh yeah! Sure! I know Devory! I think my cousin went to seminary with her sister in laws best friend!" And onwards.

SplitPea

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:36 pm
watergirl wrote:
Its the best game ever! Example; hi, Im watergirl and Im from Chicago. Then the person whom Ive just introduced myself to gets all excited and names every person shes ever met from chicago until we hit a match. " oh yeah! Sure! I know Devory! I think my cousin went to seminary with her sister in laws best friend!" And onwards.

It's called let's try and fine some person who can confirm you are not an ax murderer. Wink

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:44 pm
Omg I just thought to myself that I should ask on Imamother for a travel buddy!
I need to get away desperately but I'm totally creeped out at joining some anonymous online person!

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:51 pm
amother wrote:
I need to get away desperately but I'm totally creeped out at joining some anonymous online person!

So play geography and get to know each other and then she won't be an anonymous online person anymore!

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 1:04 am
SplitPea wrote:
I am needing a vacation badly. Dh can't take off and has told me to feel free to take one myself. I don't really want to go anywhere along. Anyone out there equally need a vacation and open to being travel buddies? I am open on locations, Israel, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hawaii, I am really open. I just need to get away for a bit.

If this is something you would be seriously interested in please let me know (please be willing to play Jewish geography and/or give references before travel plans are made - I would happily do the same)

I am not looking for something luxurious and will NOT be looking at 5 star places. Honestly money is tight but I NEED to get away so financially I will be cutting corners as much as I can and hope to find an equally frugal but fun loving travel buddy.

I am interested. Like for real. I feel a need to just get away from life. I'm in Elizabeth, NJ. And I have a car can drive, and would love to visit anywhere in driving distance. I'm open to plane travel, but we'd have to talk price.

SplitPea

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 8:25 am
amother wrote:

One I posted under my scream name.
ETA: my SN is a pretty open thing. I wager to say most people who know my in person and are on imamother also know my SN. I don't keep it a secrete and don't stay annonous.

Two I thought I made it pretty clear I would want both sides to get to know the other first (facebook, references, meeting etc) before doing it. There are ways to take a person from an online random stranger to a friend of a friend (of a friend) pretty fast in today's world.

I am just not getting if you are trying to mock me or not?

My post is for real.

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 12:31 am
If you want to come to scranton pa, I can offer you accommodations. Big, almost empty (messy) house.
I can't 'party' during the day as I can't afford to take off work, but can recommend places to go or you can just veg out here.

All of us passing the jewish geography test of course............

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 2:56 am
SplitPea wrote:
One I posted under my scream name.

Well THATS reassuring - NOT! LOL

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 3:08 am
watergirl wrote:

ROFL!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 3:12 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
ROFL!

What? You've never done this? What else do you talk about when you meet a new person?
Q1: where are you from?
Q2: do you know so-and-so?

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 3:18 am
Iymnok wrote:
What? You've never done this? What else do you talk about when you meet a new person?
Q1: where are you from?
Q2: do you know so-and-so?

Sure I did. But the way she presented it was hilarious Wink

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 3:19 am
SplitPea wrote:
It's called let's try and fine some person who can confirm you are not an ax murderer. Wink

um yeah, that's kinda important info to find out Very Happy

grace413

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 3:25 am
SplitPea wrote:

I'm usually skeptical but I'm sure there are no ax murderers on Imamother. Of course that doesn't exclude other kinds of criminals that one might not want to vacation with.

anonymom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 6:04 am
I have actually thought of doing something like this at some point. My husband hates to travel and I would love to go on a road trip with a buddy. However at this point in my life my kids are still too young to leave them and I don't have any vacation time saved up. Plus I just had a bad experience with bed bugs in a hotel so not happening anytime soon. But I do understand where the op is coming from.

ROFL

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 10:00 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
ROFL!

Yes I am here ! And would love to go on vacation, but to me that means warm weather and a beautiful beach!

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 10:06 am
ROFL wrote:
Yes I am here ! And would love to go on vacation, but to me that means warm weather and a beautiful beach!

Lol Smile

msunderstood

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 6:29 pm
I want to go somewhere warm during presidents week. Does anyone want to go away then?

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 6:32 pm
SplitPea wrote:

what if I own a chainsaw ... Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics