Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for travel buddy
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ROFL

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 6:43 pm
I have a chainsaw too, but it really is only used for wood!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 7:06 pm
msunderstood wrote:
I want to go somewhere warm during presidents week. Does anyone want to go away then?

I can vouch for her Smile I clued her in to the post because she was telling me she was looking for just this, just so you don't think a first time poster is a posing troll or something LOL

mirror

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 7:10 pm
Splitpea, please define your post.

1. Are you saying you would go if someone pays your airfare and hotel and rental car, or are you saying you would split?

2. What about museums and/or zoos? Do you need someone who would pay your admission or would you pay your own admission?

I think if you clarified your post then maybe you would get more responses.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 7:28 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
Splitpea, please define your post.

1. Are you saying you would go if someone pays your airfare and hotel and rental car, or are you saying you would split?

2. What about museums and/or zoos? Do you need someone who would pay your admission or would you pay your own admission?

I think if you clarified your post then maybe you would get more responses.

her name is split/pea ... not stringbean ... she clearly states she needs a frugal buddy to travel with her ... as she will be cutting corners

mirror

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 7:31 pm
greenfire wrote:
her name is split/pea ... not stringbean ... she clearly states she needs a frugal buddy to travel with her ... as she will be cutting corners

Greenfire, since you are answering her questions, just answer this one:

What is her total budget?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 7:34 pm
I would go but I am a big spender..also check out that the other person does't steal $ and that if u use the toilet she won't plunk out some cash from your wallet and copy your credit card and important info..

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 7:41 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
Greenfire, since you are answering her questions, just answer this one:

What is her total budget?

I'm sorry - she didn't state that information in any of her posts ... merely that she wants to be frugal ...

I would have the same query considering she is willing to go anywhere ... including overseas - since I think that kind of travel would cost a lot more monies than say just somewhere south

mirror

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 7:55 pm
greenfire wrote:
I'm sorry - she didn't state that information in any of her posts ... merely that she wants to be frugal ...

I would have the same query considering she is willing to go anywhere ... including overseas - since I think that kind of travel would cost a lot more monies than say just somewhere south

Unless she wants someone to pay her air fare and in exchange she would be a travel buddy?

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 9:43 pm
She is not looking for someone to pay her vacation. I dont know where you got that from.

Actually I think its a great idea. I would suggest that the two of you hang out a couple times first before going on vacation together.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 10:26 pm
hanging out is only possible if people are from the same area ...

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 10:33 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
Unless she wants someone to pay her air fare and in exchange she would be a travel buddy?

she might want that - wouldn't we all - but there was no indication that she requested a 'travel daddy' but she did ask for an 'equally frugal travel buddy' ... let me translate for you = someone who also needs a vacation and wants to travel together without all the extravagances that the word 'vacation' presumes ... I.e. let's go somewhere & have fun ... staying in youth hostiles vs 5 star hotels ... finding discounts for events perhaps matinee vs showtime or a theme park that is cheaper after 5 ...

otherwise her post would have read differently ~ just sayin'

granolamom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
Omg I just thought to myself that I should ask on Imamother for a travel buddy!
I need to get away desperately but I'm totally creeped out at joining some anonymous online person!

Fwiw, I'll vouch for split pea! I've met her and her gorgeous girls and even been in her home....and lived to tell!

SplitPea

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:08 pm
greenfire wrote:
she might want that - wouldn't we all - but there was no indication that she requested a 'travel daddy' but she did ask for an 'equally frugal travel buddy' ... let me translate for you = someone who also needs a vacation and wants to travel together without all the extravagances that the word 'vacation' presumes ... I.e. let's go somewhere & have fun ... staying in youth hostiles vs 5 star hotels ... finding discounts for events perhaps matinee vs showtime or a theme park that is cheaper after 5 ...

otherwise her post would have read differently ~ just sayin'

This is exactly what I was trying to say. If I go over seas I would be one of those nice deals growing around with an 18 hour layover in some country none of us want to be in.

I want to have fun but without a 5* resort.
I would never expect anyone to pay for anythingn for me.

Example in NYC If I were to see a Broadway show I would be standing in the TKTS line the day of seeing what's available. I would do vacations the same way, grouponing activities, etc.

I didn't want to cause drama by this post.
I am sorry for the confusion.

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:16 pm
SplitPea, did you REALLY not see this coming? I feel like this thread is giving you more aggravation then you need, considering your being jumped on here, and the whole point is that you need to chill out for a few days, but the opposit is happaning.

And to those who think she wants to free load, just reread her op and leave her alone.

Last edited by watergirl on Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

SplitPea

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:18 pm
watergirl wrote:
SplitPea, did you REALLY not see this coming?

Oh I saw it coming. I just find it funny that I start drama even when trying to be drama free.

I figured even if it caused drama it was worth a shot. It just takes that one person to make a connection.

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:20 pm
I edited my post and made it longer, btw b

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 2:45 am
I would love to go anywhere with you, but I'm so broke right now I can barely get myself a Metro pass.

I was hoping you would cover all the expenses, in exchange for my charming company! Tongue Out Wink

Bebesimcha

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:10 am
Omg this has been a sore point in my marriage lately! I am much more of an extrovert than DH. He is also super conscious of what pple will think. Put those two facts together w the fact that we have two children in Shidduchim. Now my friends asked me to join them on a road trip for two nights. Nothing expensive. He thought it's weird to go overnight with friends. Then I noticed the ad for project Inspire shabbos I said that I would love to go. He dislikes speeches. So I said I would go w my mom. Oh wow! It would have been nice if he would have said that he would miss me over shabbos or feel incomplete w/ o me. That was not the case. Back to it's weird!!!
What do u ladies think? Is it so weird? I think we all need girl time? Pj party!!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:46 am
Bebesimcha wrote:

What do u ladies think? Is it so weird? I think we all need girl time? Pj party!!

If we could have an Imamother PJ party, I would SO be there!

Ice cream Cheers cake Party Dancing

smilingmom

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:10 am
I am going to west palm beach from 2/11 to 2/16. Since I have off Lincoln's birthday 2/12 and Washington's Birthday 2/16.
I would invite anyone to come along, but I am just going to relax. No car and there are no kosher restaurants nearby. I am staying at my mil's empty two bedroom condo in century village, so their is swimming and gym and stuff like that.

The most frugal and wonderful vacation is last minute cruise deals. I went to Bermuda for seven days, from nyc and paid 500 and change per person for a room with balcony. Kosher food was plentiful.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics