Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for Pesach Program
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:54 pm
We are looking to go away to a great Pesach program. I hope you ladies can recommend one that can fit most of our wants. TIA

* CROWD: nice mix including just plain frum and heimish but NOT ritzy, show offy or only modern orthodox. I want to be able to walk around between meals in a robe and snood and not be dressed in designer clothing the rest of the time and not feel out of place. I hope I explained it well.

* ORGANIZATION: We have been to programs that could have been amazing but they were so poorly organized, they were awful. So looking for an established program that knows what and how they are doing.

* AMAZING KIDS PROGRAM: I want my kids to be entertained and not kvetchy that they don't want to go to day camp because it's boring. That means enough and good toys, quality counselors, organized creative head counselor and engaging and fun programs. Younger ages: ages 1-6 boys and girls.

* LOCATION: I prefer within the United States and warm weather if possible but this is negotiable if everything else is good.

*ACCOMMODATIONS: Important that things should be clean and nice. Luxury is a bonus but not necessary.

* FOOD: We are foodies. We like good food but are also into healthy options. So not a ton of repeats. A lot of salads, fruit, and healthy options. Also we don't eat gebrochtz

*PRICE: Not looking for a budget program but not looking to bust the bank. Unless you are talking $20k, it probably should be ok. We will already check into pricing. And if it's that price, it will probably be too ritzy a crowd for me. I really like casual but nice.

We are a small family without much family, which is why we go away and we have had some bad experiences in the past, which is why I really want to do my homework this year. Thank you so much!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:44 pm
Florida has tons of options, so start your search there. I know there's a Disney package that comes with a Maccabeats concert (love them!), but I don't know how much it costs.

We desperately want to be in Israel this year, but we can't find a hotel that is machmir about shmittah, so we'll probably end up in Hawaii. I don't know where you are, but we're on the West coast, and it's a cheap flight from here.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:37 pm
Never mind. I can't find anything in Hawaii this year. Sad

I did find 16 hotels in Florida, though.

Still not sure where we're going. *sigh* Shmittah is a HARD mitzvah!

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 7:35 am
We went to the smilow family in Florida in the past. The whole resort is rented out and it fits all your Criteria Very Happy

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 8:55 am
We go to the Schechter and Gross program in NJ every year. Mixed crowd, some people are very ritzy but plenty walk around in robes and snoods (myself included). The only thing is, it's in NJ, so not really warm, and costs $$$$ but maybe look into it and see if you can make it work.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:03 am
I don't know what sort of people go there but I know someone who goes to the KMR program every year. (a relative runs it so they go partly to help out) Its Non gebrocts, chalav yisrael etc but I know nothing about the crowd. My relative who goes its not a fancy person at all though. They have been doing it a number of years and their website looks great.

its in nevada this year.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 9:05 am
also there are other similar threads on imamother - do a search and you will get good ideas. Good luck!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 6:56 pm
amother wrote:
also there are other similar threads on imamother - do a search and you will get good ideas. Good luck!

op here, thanks. I did a search for pesach program and did not come up with much. Any other search terms that you can think of?

Also, a lot of the threads are quite old and things change.

Smilow has a similar crowd that we were looking for, thanks to amother who said it fit our other criteria as well.

I will look into the schechter and gross program. What is it called? Links?

KMR may have a "regular" clientele too but I know a lot of people that go and it is quite high end and ritzy.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:03 pm
bump

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 9:29 pm
pesachforless. We went there last year.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 6:06 pm
does anyone else have other ideas or recommend one of the ones already mentioned?

monseychick

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 6:18 pm
www.pesachinthenortheast.com

WE went to Stowe Vt a few years ago and it was really great.. This year they are going to Cape Cod

amother

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 7:42 pm
monseychick wrote:
www.pesachinthenortheast.com

WE went to Stowe Vt a few years ago and it was really great.. This year they are going to Cape Cod

thanks! I saw this program, but I'm worried it's going to be freezing. We went to the Poconos a few years ago and we literally froze.

monseychick

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 7:50 pm
You got to love the cold... Our car got stuck in the snow in Vt in May.. The State Trooper who helped us said "Welcome to Vermont"...

mom23

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 7:51 pm
Ohr Naava is having a program in Arizona this year. This is the first year they are running the program.

www.ohrnaava.com/pesach

amother

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 8:10 pm
You can look into this- http://www.upscale-getaways.com/
Definitely not ritzy and designer overall, good food, and the people who run it are very nice, down to earth, and organized.
Good luck!
I'm anonymous, but if you have any questions, you can reply here and I'll PM you.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 8:16 pm
Here's the link for Schechter and Gross: http://www.totallyjewishtravel.....hotel
Let me know if you have other questions.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 12:12 am
thanks so much ladies. There are so MANY options. To the amother who wrote about upscale getaways, the san diego one looks beautiful. What kind of hechsher is vaad of san diego? Also, what kind of crowd?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 8:04 am
Hi there, upscale amother here. I really don't know much about the San Diego option because we always have gone to Niagara. I've heard great things about it though. The guy who runs it is very approachable and easy to talk to so you can definitely ask him your questions.
Good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 11:18 am
Our naava is catering towards a ritzy crowd no robe and snood wearing over there. Also the hotel is only a three star in Arizona.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics