Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Which android phone?

tovli toraspicha

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 6:05 am
Which android phone would you get if you were getting a new one now? Alternatively, which android phone are you happy with?
Not something too huge or unwieldy...

Thank you for your input!

tovli toraspicha

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 6:13 am
and, on that note, is there any real difference between the android phones?
I really want to get one that is going to be a free upgrade, is there anything specific I am looking for?

I would really appreciate if anyone had input!!

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 6:45 am
it depends on what you do on your phone. like, if you're gonna be connected online, data, etc you want a good battery life, ditto if you wanna watch movies, tv clips, and play games. ..... basically, I would look for a phone with a good battery life, which in my mind means you should be able to go at least 8-10 hours without worrying that the phone will die on you... of course, the more you use it, the faster the battery goes, so figure out how much you'll use it, and talk to your provider, bc they really know the phones

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 6:50 am
The only one to help you with free upgrade options is your service provider.

doctorima

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 7:00 am
Also check what version of Android it's running, and whether it will be eligible to receive free Android upgrades when new versions come out.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 7:06 am
How important is the quality of the pictures you take? The cameras vary.

tovli toraspicha

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:33 am
I would say that the camera quality is pretty important.
I didn't realize that there can be a major difference between battery lives, thanks!
I know that the free upgrade would depend on my provider, but I want to hear which phones people are happy with and why, and what to look out for. The phone will be very important for me as I use it also for work and need to be able to have access to email as well as editing files and would like to be able to take pictures, and access apps, etc.
I would very much prefer a swappable battery so that I can get a spare.

perquacky

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:38 am
I love my Galaxy S3. My husband loves his S4.
Photo quality is probably better on the S4, but he's the photographer in the family, not me.
I can access all of my email accounts, and even my desktop at work when I'm not in the office, although a larger screen would be better for that. (Fortunately, I don't have to do that often.)
The battery life isn't great on the S3--it only lasted about a year--but I just got a new one, and things are back to normal.
The Galaxy Note has a larger screen. I've heard good things.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 10:51 am
I love my galaxy s5. I doubt you can get it for free, but it has an amazing camera and replacable battery.

The battery lasts a very long time - all day, and before I had so many apps loaded on it it would last more than twelve hours! It has some great features, like the ability to go into ultra power saving mode, where it becomes a very basic simple phone with limited app access and saves battery life so that you can use it for longer. It is waterproof (as long as you don't break off the protective cover for the charger port like I accidentally did... but I can get a new piece on ebay.)

I hear the note has an even better camera but it's a bigger phone. The galaxy s5 is big enough, imho, the note is just too much, almost a phablet.

Make sure you have a good case for this, though.

ETA: I can do so much on this phone, it's my backup computer. I create word files (on an app called polaris) and read ebooks, edit photos, etc.

ven

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 1:26 pm
I have a sony z1 , since a month or so... I am totally thrilled with it . Great camera, excuisite battery life , all functions u would ever need etc.. I had a samsung before , this one is better

Beach Bum

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 3:07 pm
Love my Galaxy s4. Great camera, super fast, and has decent battery life. You can also buy replacement batteries to have a back up if your dies and not near charger.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics