Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Doctors will not see patients with anti-vaccine views
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure why they singled out the hep-b shot, but it seems this doctor has the policy mentioned here, to not see patients who refuse vaccines.

Maybe in your case it was to protect the baby from others in the waiting room, who knows?

Who were going to have s-ex with him?
Do you know what Hep B is and how it's transmitted?

It was singled out because that's all he was due for at that age.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
When my baby was 1 month old, I got back the results of his metabolic disorder screening and there was an abnormal result.

I didn't yet have a pediatrician due to insurance issues. I called one up and the first question they asked was if he'd had his Hep B shot.

I told them, "No, I'm not a carrier, no family members are carriers, and he's home with me all day."

They refused to see him.

Tell me how this is not utterly ridiculous.

What is he at risk of? What is he going to spread to other patients in the waiting room?

It is of course ridiculous. But it is also their right to set up rules and follow them strictly even when they make no sense. Who wants a doctor like that anyhow?

Barbara

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:12 pm
amother wrote:
When my baby was 1 month old, I got back the results of his metabolic disorder screening and there was an abnormal result.

I didn't yet have a pediatrician due to insurance issues. I called one up and the first question they asked was if he'd had his Hep B shot.

I told them, "No, I'm not a carrier, no family members are carriers, and he's home with me all day."

They refused to see him.

Tell me how this is not utterly ridiculous.

What is he at risk of? What is he going to spread to other patients in the waiting room?

If you weren't going to listen to his advice about the Hep B vaccine, why were you going to listen to his advice about anything else?

Given that you believe yourself more capable than that particular physician to determine the efficacy and need of vaccination, why not read up on your child's disorder, and treat it yourself? After all, you clearly believe that your medical knowledge and insight is greater than the physician's.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:13 pm
Barbara wrote:
If you weren't going to listen to his advice about the Hep B vaccine, why were you going to listen to his advice about anything else?

Given that you believe yourself more capable than that particular physician to determine the efficacy and need of vaccination, why not read up on your child's disorder, and treat it yourself? After all, you clearly believe that your medical knowledge and insight is greater than the physician's.

The vaccination schedule as per the CDC could hardly be called personalized medical advice applicable to each and every child.

Barbara

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:16 pm
amother wrote:
The vaccination schedule as per the CDC could hardly be called personalized medical advice applicable to each and every child.

It's what he believes in. You think you know better than the doctor. He doesn't want to treat your child under those circumstances. I don't blame him.

Think1st

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:18 pm
My kids Pediatrician, does NOT vaccinate anyone. He loses out on the $ bonus other Mds receive from the drug producer.

Am willing to help anyone having a problem finding a practitioner

What's the big deal to know more than the MD about vaccines , how many minutes do they spend, studying adverse reactions, & efficacy.

Last edited by Think1st on Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

mirror

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:20 pm
I met a man who is a wheelchair because he got polio when he was younger...

mirror

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:21 pm
Think1st wrote:
My kids Pediatrician, does NOT vaccinate anyone. He loses out on the $ bonus other Mds receive from the drug producer.

You found a stupid doctor. Congratulations!

Think1st

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:25 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
You found a stupid doctor. Congratulations!

So anyone who cares for his patient rather than his wallet is stupid ???

Is that what you would call the RAMBAM?

Is that what you call Hatzala medics?

Barbara

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:27 pm
Think1st wrote:

What's the big deal to know more than the MD about vaccines , how many minutes do they spend, studying adverse reactions, & efficacy.

Is this the doctor you mentioned a few months ago who also doesn't believe in germ theory?

Think1st

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure why they singled out the hep-b shot, but it seems this doctor has the policy mentioned here, to not see patients who refuse vaccines.

Maybe in your case it was to protect the baby from others in the waiting room, who knows?

Barbara

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:32 pm
Think1st wrote:

Is that what you would call the RAMBAM?

Is that what you call Hatzala medics?

Nope.

Any doctor who thinks that a child would be better off getting polio than getting the vaccine is a fool.

Any doctor who would rather see his patients get measles than being vaccinated is a fool.

It has nothing to do with money. It has to do with caring about patients.

1953. Iron lung ward

That's what doctors who encourage immunizations don't want to see.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:45 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
I met a man who is a wheelchair because he got polio when he was younger...

That's sad, but not sure what your point is.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:

Bookie said it better than me, and you're right I didn't pay attention to which hepatitis was which lol.

Point is, that might be their way of weeding out uncooperative patients, as barbara keeps pointing out.

eastsidemother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:50 pm
Think1st wrote:

I wish I had known about all of that vaccination bonus money when my public health group went to Africa to vaccinate as many kids as possible. It never occurred to me that I could have been thinking of every kid as a dollar sign instead of, you know, a child with a better chance of not dying in childhood.

Think of all of the expensive gadgets I missed out on...

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 3:07 pm
Barbara wrote:
It's what he believes in. You think you know better than the doctor. He doesn't want to treat your child under those circumstances. I don't blame him.

I think I know MY CHILD better than the doctor does.

Barbara

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
I think I know MY CHILD better than the doctor does.

And?

You know your child better than the doctor. So you think that you're able to pick and choose among different treatments.

I guess that's your right.

But it's also the doctor's right to refuse to treat your child. Oh, I'm sorry. Under these circumstances, s/he wouldn't actually be treating your child. To refuse to offer you healthcare suggestions.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 3:14 pm
Barbara wrote:
And?

You know your child better than the doctor. So you think that you're able to pick and choose among different treatments.

I guess that's your right.

But it's also the doctor's right to refuse to treat your child. Oh, I'm sorry. Under these circumstances, s/he wouldn't actually be treating your child. To refuse to offer you healthcare suggestions.

Of course it's my right. May this country never reach the point where consent/refusal of medical treatments is no longer in the parent's/guardian's/patient's hands.

Barbara

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:
Of course it's my right. May this country never reach the point where consent/refusal of medical treatments is no longer in the parent's/guardian's/patient's hands.

And it's the right of doctors to refuse to offer optional medical advice to people who don't value their judgments.

So what are you complaining about?

greenhelm

Post Fri, Jan 30 2015, 3:20 pm
Think1st wrote:

your doctor works for free? cool.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics