Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Hear Rebbetzin Bashie Twersky live tonight on Chazak at 9 pm

amother

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 7:28 pm
Tonight at 9pm -Chazak invites women and girls to call in for a live presentation with Rebbetzin Bashie Twersky who will be speaking in Lakewood NJ. Rebbetzin Twersky will be sharing with us a message of hope, courage and direction in the aftermath of the horrific tragedy in Har Nof. Followed by powerful words from our Rabbanim. Call Chazak at 718- 258-2008. press 9 and then option 1. Don't miss this opportunity to hear words of chizuk from Rebbetzin Bashie Twersky and our Rabbanim, tonight at 9 pm live on Chazak!

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 7:34 pm
shes coming to Antwerp also.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 7:49 pm
Rebbetzin Twersky spoke recently in Brooklyn- it was so incredible

amother

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 8:57 pm
The call in time is actually 9:15 on Chazak. I just received a phone call about it.

aware

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 8:58 pm
We just got a messg that the event will take place at 9:15pm tonight, to Hear REBBETZIN BASHIE TWERSKY live- this motzei Shabbos, 9:15 pm on Chazak: 718-258-2008, 9 option 1

VERY good speaker, and maybe call a few minutes early-lines may be packed.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 9:30 pm
it just started!

Bitachon101

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 9:53 pm
Please share her words of wisdom for those of us that didn't call in.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 31 2015, 10:04 pm
Rebbetzin Twersky is still talking for anyone who still wants to call in

aware

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 9:06 pm
Rebbetzin Twerski spoke (followed by a speech by Rabbi Wachsman at end of shiur about an hour in *see below) with great passion about her husband, who was a tzadik gamur. It was as if she were reading from seforim about gedolim of days past, but she lived with him now in our time.

Both his life and death were mekadesh Hashem. Many stories, and anecdotes and memories. She ended by saying he would often say to her when she was hesitant to take the step to do something challenging lshem shamayim- Bashie be like Nachson, just do it.

She then asked us all to do something in his zchus, and it seems as if this mitzva is very close to her heart. That we can maybe do something too, can be like nachson, can make a karbon for Hashem- She spoke about todays trend of women wearing the long glamorous shaitels- and that if we sacrifice the glamour and length it is as if we too are bringing a karbon to Hashem.

It was really very uplifting. She lives on a madriega that is just very inspiring. She has the clarity to see and understand that we as women have a desire to look desirable, and that it is probably the most sensitive area that we can choose to grow in.

BUT after listening to her heartfelt honest and emesdik words, I feel like she is so right. It is so hard to sacrifice our own kavod, our own beauty, but really this is it. She was so right. The harder the area of growth the greater the bechira.

After she spoke there was a speech by Rabbi Ephriam Wachsman. It was a little unclear to hear over the teleconference line but I called Inspire by wire and found a more clear recording of his divrie Chisuk from the event in Brooklyn last week, where both her and Rebbetzin Twersky spoke- here is the call in info- I really recommend listening to it if you can. *He is so inspiring! - that number is 718-906-6451 press 3 then 2 then 81#. You could press the number "6" if you want to skip ahead 5 minutes and not hear the whole shiur. Enjoy!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 10:33 pm
It was incredibly inspiring. Rebbetzin Twersky told over such moving personal stories about her husband. it was hard not to cry. She did ask that we take upon ourselves to cut our sheitels as a korbon to Hashem. I was very moved by her request. It makes a lot of sense to me personally.

Rabbi Wachsman's speech was one of the most powerful speeches that I have ever heard. He really spoke the emes.

It's very worthwhile to listen to both speeches.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational