Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Great wolf lodge

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 3:46 am
Just heard about the Great Wolf Lodge... I know plenty of you have been there because there are lots of posts on this site about it.

I just wanted to know if it's worth paying to stay at the GWL if I don't plan on using the water park. (I'm going at a relativly "off" time, but DH won't go to the water park with women in their bathing suits), but I wanted to use the other activities at the hotel. How expensive are the other activities (for toddlers, like golf and bowling)? Should I find a cheaper hotel in the area and just go to GWL for the activies?

Kumphort

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 9:03 am
If you are not going to use the water park. Not worth it. You have to pay seperatley for the other activities like bowling anyhow.
Would your husband let you take kids by yourself into the water park?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 2:53 pm
yeaa, he would.. I just feel its a shame for him not to be able to be with us, but I guess it might be worth it.

if using the waterpark-- is it worth going? how about for my 2.5 yo son, is there enough to keep him entertained in the waterpark? or is it really for older kids?

Kumphort

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 4:03 pm
They have a small kiddie section with small slides that he will enjoy

Learning

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 5:28 pm
I don't think a 2.5 yo will appreciate it.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:57 am
thanks, thats helpful.

is the rest of the water park (not kiddie section) the type that I can hold my 2.5 yo (or have him sit on my lap) while going though the rest of the water rides? or is the water too deep and its dangerous (as in, he won't be allowed on any other parts except the kiddie section)... just trying to get a feel for the type of park it is.

momX4

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 9:27 am
Any dc that walks and has an adult with them can go into the kiddy section. The water starts ankle deep and gets a bit deeper. There are slides for the toddlers only.

There are tables and chairs set up all over the place for you to park yourself.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 3:45 pm
Can toddlers accompanied by an adult go in the rest of the water park or just the kiddie section?

Mom23gs

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 4:16 pm
He can go anywhere, but wont be allowed on the slides while sitting on your lap. If he can sit in the front of a tube they may let him on the large slides, but they are pretty scary for a toddler. Otherwise, he can go in the climging area, under the dump bucket, and he can be on your lap in the lazy river, and u can hold him in the wave pool and the swimming pool. The toddler area is quite large. They have lifejackets you can keep on him the entire time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics