Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working with young kids when you have young kids at home

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:02 am
I'm considering going back to work, but I'm wondering how other women feel about this subject. I'm an OT and I used to work in a preschool before I had my 2 kids.

zigi

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 11:34 am
why not? they are not your kids, don't push all the buttons as own children. if you are an ot you will get to see many different kids

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 2:05 pm
I guess I've heard of people feeling burnt out when coming home to their young kids after working all day with young kids.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 2:09 pm
[quote="amother"]I guess I've heard of people feeling burnt out when coming home to their young kids after working all day with young kids. Yes, I work as a Seit, and I sometimes feel this way.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 2:15 pm
I`m just now longing to quit my job and do a major carrer change. One that does not involve children. I`ve worked with special needs (to a varying degree) preschoolers all my adult life, including after I had my children. But I am finding more and more that I have less patience for them than I did before I had kids. That said, I know plenty of people who claim it`s totally different from raising your own kids and still enjoy it. Maybe try it out for a while and see?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 2:22 pm
It was hard for me to work with the same age kids that I had at home. When I started working with older kids, I really appreciated the change.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 01 2015, 2:56 pm
I am an ot, I work with kids. I would rather not, I want to save all of my songs and excitement for my kids, not someone elses kids. But it's my job and I don't have a choice so I have to be good to my clients and just try not to lose my patience with my family when I get home. I would rather work with adults, but with those hours I wouldn't get to see my kids at all, so I would rather see my kids and other kids, than have a nanny raise my kids. And where else can I get paid so well to sing "twinkle twinkle little star" ? you know what I mean!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics