Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How do you dry and dress two kids after a shared bath?
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:45 am
wrap them in towels or terry robes and bring them to the bedroom to dress them - let the 2 1/2 year old walk while you carry the younger one

you'll get the hang of it soon enough Drunken Smile Drunken Smile

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:45 am
moved to different thread.

Last edited by Scrabble123 on Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:50 am
Frenchfry wrote:
Bring clothing/PJs into bathroom with towels and dress one while the other is still in the bath

That's what I always did, before I had older kids to help me. I had two sets of kids 17 months apart, and that's how I survived bath time.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:33 am
Thank you everyone for the wonderful suggestions and explanations and the link.

I marvel that one of you said you can send your 2.5 year old to the right room. Mine BH understands but runs away thinking it's a game. Nevertheless between all these suggestions I have a good sense of how to do it.

It always amazes me that some mothers just know how to do all these tricky things with their kids or can figure it out. Thanks again!

suzyq

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 10:38 am
alwaybhappy wrote:
I would take older one out, put towel around her, and send her to whichever room I will be dressing them. at the same time grab the little one and towel him. then go together to the room. diaper both kids one after another, then pj them the same way. they may be cold for a few seconds but that's it.
If it's cold, I would put a had on their wet hair so they dont get sick...

This is exactly what I do. I send them to a bedroom that is right next to the bathroom. We have really cute towels with hoods that wrap around them and it keeps them pretty warm.

sunny90

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
Thank you everyone for the wonderful suggestions and explanations and the link.

I marvel that one of you said you can send your 2.5 year old to the right room. Mine BH understands but runs away thinking it's a game. Nevertheless between all these suggestions I have a good sense of how to do it.

It always amazes me that some mothers just know how to do all these tricky things with their kids or can figure it out. Thanks again!

It took me a while to figure out a good system with two kids! I think that was the hardest transition for me. Once I had a system I felt SO much more on top of things. It's not necessarily instinctive Smile

wife2

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:58 pm
take one out and wrap in towel and then take other one out and wrap in towel or bathrobe and then dress one and then the other. it shoudn't take so long. I sometimes take out the younger one and get him in pj's and diaper while the older one sits in empty bath or is waiting for water to drain. I have a big bathroom so I am able to dress one in there.
The whole thing only takes a couple of minutes and it is fine if the 2 year old is a bit cold - just buy a bathrobe or tell her to keep her towel on

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:03 pm
Prepare the clothes near the bathroom beforehand. Bathe them both. Take out one at a time fast and wrap her up in a big warm towel. Repeat fast with baby #2. Dress one while the other sits in the towel and waits.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:05 am
I never dress in the bathroom. Bring kid 1 to room, dress, repeat with 2. If both are babies you can't leave them and probably hard to bathe both...

rachel91

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:10 am
When they were younger, I brought all the clothes to the bathroom with me, now I take out one child first, put him on the rug in the bathroom, dry then put a bathrobe on and repeat the same with the next child.

teddyb

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:57 am
my bathroom is to small to dress them there. I take my older one out wrap him in a bathrobe and then take out my younger one and wrap him in a hooded towel. and then we all go to my room (not as drafty as theirs and closest to the bathroom) and get diapered and dressed on my bed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics