Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Which brand/style of rubber boots can you climb stairs with?

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 12:09 pm
I tried a pair last year and I couldnt walk up and down stairs when wearing them. It felt like pulling weights. I donated them.

Im now considering a pair of Kamik brand boots, but reviews are mixed. I prefer the patent (shiny) looking ones in solid black.

Are any rubber boots flexible enough to climb stairs in (as in subway stairs, where you cant take off your boots), without difficulty?

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 1:19 pm
I am not sure I understand why you can't climb stairs with the rubber boots you have now.

- Are the boots too heavy?
- Low friction/slippery?
- Too high on the leg (they interfere with your ability to bend at the knee)?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 1:48 pm
Bogs are heavy, but you can walk up stairs in them, climb over rocks and use them comfortably in non urban situations.

spring13

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 1:55 pm
I never really had a problem in a pair of inexpensive ones from Target, but I would think you might do better in a pair with lower tops (midcalf rather than knee height), they'll be lighter overall and will allow greater range of motion.

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 2:46 pm
OP here.

Walking on the street was doable in the rubber boots, but when youre doing stairs, the foot has to bend at the ankle, and clumsy rubber doesnt allow for the foot to bend that well.

- Are the boots too heavy? (perhaps that and clumsy)
- Low friction/slippery? (not at all)
- Too high on the leg, they interfere with your ability to bend at the knee? (no)

I see so many people wearing the rubber boots. Am I the only one who has difficulty climbing stairs specifically in stiff rubber boots (leather is way more flexible)?

spring13

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:15 pm
What about ankle boots? WOuld that be better for you?

https://www.jcrew.com/womens_c.....P8HAQ

http://www.target.com/p/women-.....P8HAQ

http://www.melshoes.com/shop.html?mel_type=85

rachel22

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:42 pm
I had rubber boots 2 years back from centruy21 .. They are heavy! I used them twice and gave them away too .I dnt how everyone else wears them but I never bothered with it Again ..

Mevater

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 11:49 am
spring13 wrote:
What about ankle boots? WOuld that be better for you?

When I buy rain boots, I want high ones, to be able to go over huge puddles. Ankle height doesnt make sense.

Does anyone have either the Kamik Naomi or the Kamik Ellie? Im thinking to try one of them. Not sure of the difference, they seem almost the same, give or take 1/2 inch in the height.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 12:42 pm
Why don't you order from an online store with free return shipping and try them out and return one or both if they don't pass your test?

zigi

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 1:00 pm
I have kamik rainboots. I love them. I can climb stairs with them and they are very comfortable. mine are mid calf

Mevater

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 1:03 pm
zigi wrote:
I have kamik rainboots. I love them. I can climb stairs with them and they are very comfortable. mine are mid calf

Thanks! Thats what I wanted to hear. Do you have one of the two Im considering, the Naomi or Ellie styles?

zigi

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:30 pm
no its a midcalf one

zigi

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:35 pm
mine are heidi

torquoise

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:39 pm
I have these, and LOVE them. They are midcalf, and very comfortable.

Amazon - Sloggers

I live on the second floor, and have never experienced discomfort going up and downstairs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics