Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Can I put my crockpot in the dishwasher?

Snowdrop

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:57 am
I have a small Siemens dishwasher, and I would love to put my cholent pot in every week. However, I am scared of breaking the dishwasher- because it's ceramic, and kind of heavy.

What do you think? Can the dishwasher handle it? Can the crockpot? I care more about the first, than the second, obviously Very Happy

Thanks!

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:59 am
oh my! I never thought about not putting in the cock pot! I always do! All is fine....

Snowdrop

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 6:01 am
Thanks for responding.. do you have a large dishwasher? I am scared that a small one can't take it.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 6:03 am
it's not too large at all - probably standard (which of course is not large enough for a frum family after shabbos!)

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 6:37 am
Just make sure the spraying arms can spin freely and all should be good! Enjoy not (personally) cleaning the crockpot.

Snowdrop

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 1:54 pm
Thanks for the advice- the crockpot came out great, and the dishwasher survived to tell the tale, bH!
I'm still trying to work out how much of the cholent I have to scrape of the sides before I out it in- how dirty it can be when it goes in, basically.

Also, I have something called a french press- it's like a glass jug that you filter coffee through. I woul love to put it in the dishwasher from time to time, but not sure if it can handle it. Does anyone know?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics