Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Jigsaw Puzzles!

yamz

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 11:05 am
My children enjoy assembling jigsaw puzzles (not the ones for older children/adults, the ones that have up to about 50 pieces). However, I find the flimsy packaging really frustrating! How do you store jigsaw puzzles? My kids inevitably destroy the cardboard boxes after using them a few times. I have been putting the puzzles in ziploc bags, but that's not a great storage solution. They flop all over the place, and the bags aren't meant to stand up to so much use. Anybody have any other ideas? Thanks.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:00 pm
Try heavy duty Ziploc bags, and then store the bagged puzzles in a clear tote with a cover.

lfab

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:29 pm
how about the small trofast storage bins and lids from Ikea. One puzzle in each bin and stack on a shelf.
(sorry the computer I'm on won't allow me to copy and paste the links).

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 1:07 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Try heavy duty Ziploc bags, and then store the bagged puzzles in a clear tote with a cover.

That's what I do. I cut the picture out of the box and put it in the ziploc bag, it helps when doing the puzzle and also helps the bags line up neatly without flopping all over.

babysmum

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 1:33 pm
We have small plastic boxes to keep the pieces. I cut out the picture from the box and tape it to the inside of the cover facing out so you can see what picture you are making.

Tila

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 6:01 am
My kids are not interested in puzzles anymore, So I can tell you that we haveless than the number of ABCs there are. It took forever, but each puzzle was assigned a letter, so each piece had a letter written on its back. I stored them in zip lock bags, in a giant storage bin.

alittlebirdie

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 6:03 am
I keep taping up the boxes! I keep them in a ziplock in the box

studying_torah

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:28 am
Def keep the pictures- I didn't and it's such a pain
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics