Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Card for daughter's bridal shower

amother

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 10:42 am
For my daughter's bridal shower I am getting my daughter a card and in it I am giving offers to help in certain ways... This help will benefit both her and her chosson. Who should the card be addressed to, just my daughter or her chosson as well?

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 11:03 am
since it's at the bridal shower, you might on the outside, want to put "to: DD" then on the inside, write your offers and maybe sign off, with "just let me know what you and chossen decide to take me up on" ?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 11:22 am
I am not giving it at the shower. I will give it afterwards because I don't want to make a whole show of it. It's a personal gift. The offers are not applicable for now but ad meah veesrim, and it's obvious they will have to decide when and if they decide to take me up on it. It will be based on need. They cannot possibly know now when and if they will take me up on the offers. Life and time will tell...

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 11:30 am
if you're giving it in private I think it's ok to address it to both DD & DSIL

I thought you were giving it in public, I'm sorry I misunderstood

amother

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 11:34 am
I guess I wasn't clear. I was trying to think of gift to give by shower. Then I thought of this personal gift, and then I didn't want it to be a show.

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 11:56 am
if you also want to give a gift at her shower.... was there ever something you always loved doing together... even something silly, like a "gag" gift... like, if you guys always washed dishes together, maybe a pack of sponges (in different colors for dairy/meat/pareve) and some really good dish drying towels and/or a dish drying rack

amother

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 12:02 pm
Thanks!

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 12:03 pm
you're welcome
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics