Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Odyssey vs Sienna vs Sienna AWD (all wheel drive)
1  2  Next

mommy08

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 8:32 am
My Odyssey lease is up soon and debating between Odyssey and Sienna. Anyone know of any pros/cons to Sienna over the Odyssey? Is AWD worth it in NY winters? Just trying to explore my options. I do not want a Town and Country so please dont recommend that!!!

Thanks for your help!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 8:51 am
Odyssey in its current incarnation is much more car seat friendly than the Sienna in its current incarnation. It's also highly rated for safety based on data of traffic incidents.

AWD from what I hear is not worth it for minivans.

mommy08

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 9:00 am
Any idea what makes the Sienna not carseat friendly?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 9:14 am
The newer models have fewer tethers. I can't remember if they have only 1 or 2. The older ones had 5 tethers.
Also if you're going for an 8 seater (which I am unsure about since the AWD ones only have 7) the middle 8th seat is now extremely skinny, as opposed to being a full seat.

If you are only using it for a carseat or 2 and only need a 7 seater, the Sienna is fine.

chatouli

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 10:21 am
I just got an Odyssey (went up from a small SUV) and I love it! I do wish they made them in AWD. I don't think it's so great in the snow. I got stuck in my driveway this week and it was a bit of a production to get out. That being said, hopefully there aren't too many days per year it matters. It's fun to drive otherwise and my kids love it.

Nomad

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 2:02 pm
I'm leasing an Odyssey now and hate it. I can't wait until the lease is up. One of the reasons is its lack of AWD. I live in NJ where there has been a lot of snow the last couple of years and it's skidded dangerously a few times. Our Honda CR-V with AWD drives much better in the snow. I'm not sure where you plan on living in NY, but if it's Monsey, I would highly recommend having AWD. I know other places in NY don't have as much snow, so maybe you can get away with not having AWD.

tweety1

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 3:06 pm
mommy08 wrote:
My Odyssey lease is up soon and debating between Odyssey and Sienna. Anyone know of any pros/cons to Sienna over the Odyssey? Is AWD worth it in NY winters? Just trying to explore my options. I do not want a Town and Country so please dont recommend that!!!

Thanks for your help!!

My husbands odyssey is currently in the body shop due to an accident. The body shop gave him a sienna meanwhile instead. He curses the sienna every second of the day. (He's on the road a lot). He says the sienna skids so much more in snow than the odysseys. (He's had the odyssey for quite a few winters) and a whl bunch of other problems he doesn't have with the odyssey. I myself notices a few. The middle seat is very small which for us is imp. The way the seats need to be moved and bunch of other things. I only know to compare the odyssey to sienna.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 4:58 pm
Tread on the tires makes more of a difference in the snow. Mechanics seem to say AWD on minivans don't make a difference.

mommy27

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 5:41 pm
By the way, does anyone know of a convertible carseat that (safely) fits into the Sienna's narrow middle seat? Preferably one that's not over $150?

miyodea

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 6:10 pm
The older Siennas do skid more because they're wider and heavier
The newer ones are narrower and lighter but then you have the problem of the skinny middle seat.
If you're leasing, I vote Odyssey, buying, definitely Sienna.

Miri7

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 7:26 pm
LOVE my Odyssey. It's handled well for me in the snow. Haven't tried the sienna.

Think1st

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 7:31 pm
mommy08 wrote:

Thanks for your help!!

sienna awd , made my sister get one she is on her 2nd now, Monsey .e had custom 8th seat installed $500 by oneway in Brooklyn

Think1st

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 7:32 pm
mommy27 wrote:
By the way, does anyone know of a convertible carseat that (safely) fits into the Sienna's narrow middle seat? Preferably one that's not over $150?

try little people seats .com

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 7:40 pm
mommy27 wrote:

For what size kid, and FF or RF?

Think1st

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 11:25 pm
4 egg boxes fit behind 3rd row in Sienna ,3 in oddesy. awd comes w run flat tires no spare

mommy27

Post Fri, Feb 06 2015, 8:44 am
HY, it would be rear facing, I'm assuming about 20 pounds. I don't know the exact weight yet, I'm just thinking about it now for the future when my baby outgrows the infant car seat. It would be nice to separate 2 of my other children who can't stop arguing with each other.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Feb 06 2015, 9:17 am
It's hard because the arm rests make it a tight fit, I haven't heard too many success stories with RF installs there of convertible seats. The Combi Coccoro may work, but other than that, I cannot think of a seat worth it to even try in that seat rear facing Sad

Think1st

Post Fri, Feb 06 2015, 1:11 pm
http://www.edmunds.com/car-com.....07736|minivan&show=0|6&comparatorId=5006972

Not so trendy, but 8 inches shorter FWD, low step in only 4 wider much taller , available with 3 seats in front 4th custom would fit , 2nd row widow optional, 4 pass bench or bucket seats private install, huge space for camping gear . rides great due to low center of gravity

mommy27

Post Sat, Feb 07 2015, 4:49 pm
Oh, well, that seat looks pretty expensive. Thanks for answering, HY.

Think1st

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 7:17 am
http://www.littlepassengerseat......html Maybe they have 1 for Honda crv ,nice awd 8 pass
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries