Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Do you watch movies [poll]?
Previous  1  2

Do you watch movies?
Yes  
 77%  [ 135 ]
No  
 22%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 174

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 5:55 pm
I do, but DH doesn't, and I'm very careful with what I let DD watch.

If I'm going to watch something just for myself, and I think that DD isn't ready for it yet, I'll wait until everyone is asleep or out of the house.

I never let DD watch anything for the first time, unless I'm sitting right next to her so we can pause and talk about things along the way. It's great bonding time, and a good way to sneak in lessons on middos. I call it "stealth parenting". Wink

zigi

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 5:59 pm
lol I had a free ticket but I was expecting, I would miss most of the movie in the theater due to endless bathroom breaks a dvd I can pause

singleagain

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 6:16 pm
When I was in 9th grade, we learned Romeo and Juliet, we watched two adaptations, and I remember the vice-princple who was monitoring us (out teacher was absent a lot hence the videos) stood in front of the tv and opened his jacket so we couldn't see the tv when the kissing scenes came on, (not that I think there were very many in the two versions we watched) ..... honestly, with censors like that, I think it would only make kids want to see it more. ..... in fact, today I own one of the adaptations we watched, and not only was there kissing, but I saw Romeo's backside and a less than one second flash of Juliet's front... the things my school was trying to protect 9th graders from...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics