Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What do I give my dd after her chumash play?
Previous  1  2

lkwdmom2

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 7:44 pm
We were told NOT to bring a present to my DD's chumash play next week. We were told the chumash is the gift and should be special in their eyes.... I'm not giving any gifts at home either. didn't do it with my older DD and not necessary.

Sherri

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 11:36 am
I was also going to post, "a hug". Is this the new norm? Apparently, I guess, since the schools are sending home notes about the gifts.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 11:48 am
greenfire wrote:
why does everybody create new minhagim - this is why there's a shidduch crisis ... all these 'must haves' that never existed 20 some odd years ago

I don't think it's "necessary" in all situations..nor is it a new "minghag"......it's for every family to decide for themselves when they give gifts, for what, and how.

In my family, for example, we don't necessarily give Chanukah and birthday gifts (there's no minhag for that either, BTW). I have given my girls something extra to celebrate when they got their siddur and their Chumash.

My choice, and was not done in school, and definitely not in a way to start a new trend.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics