Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Food Processor Advice

amother

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 11:43 pm
It's the first time we're making Pesach at home, and I need to buy everything.

Does anyone have a decent food processor to recommend (as cheap as possible, please) or can you tell me - what size food processor do I need? I will be using it to grate maror and make potato kugels. Other than that, I don't think I'll be using it. We have a chometz food processor that we got as a gift, so I don't know what size it is. Is 8 cups big enough, or do I need a 14 cup one?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 10:18 am
8 C is not so big and I think it would be more efficient to get a 14 C one. Since it's just for a week's use once a year, you don't need the most amazing brand. This is likely your best bet at $56, http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....FPDRH

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 11:29 am
I like the hamilton beach 10 cup. I use it for kugel, horseradish, mayo, almond milk, slicing and shredding random things, etc. I have one for pesach (pareve) and one for chametz (milchig).

this is it:

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton.....essor

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 11:45 am
I've only had cuisinarts. And the are fantastic. But some have wider feeding tubes (that sounds weird, but don't know what else to call it) than others. The wide tube is very helpful. It's annoying to have to chop potatoes down small before shredding. So that's what I would look for no matter what brand you go for.

dr. pepper

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 11:48 am
Sorry. No help here as I've only had the braun's.
I was so spoiled with my chametz one that I made sure to budget in for a pesach one.
They are that good.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 12:01 pm
Agree with Miracle Mama about wider tubes, which is why I think the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth is a good option Smile

Brauns are great (albeit small), just not so cheap Sad

sky

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 12:27 pm
I got a Braun for Pesach and keep it on my counter during almost all my prep. I found I used it tons including for whips and sorbet.

For chometz I decided to try getting a hamilton beach because the price was excellent. The first time I used it was to a make an orange sorbet from pesach. it couldn't handle it. The cover flew off and cracked. I returned it and just got the braun.
(This was the one that broke with its first use: http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton.....JTNFC) It could be for potato kugel it would work fine.

BrachaBatya

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 11:55 pm
I have a large Cuisinart and it is great but honestly, for Pesach only, I would get an inexpensive brand and keep it at that. No need to go too expensive for one week a year, imho.

Leahh

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 12:05 am
Although many people say for one week a year not to bother getting an expensive one, I disagree. I bought a Braun for pesach. It is expensive but worth it. I find in the week of pesach I use it more than I use my chometz one in probably about 3 months time.
during the year I use it once a week for kugel and on occasion for something else. Pesach, I use it for almost everything. Different kugels, different side dishes, different desserts, mayonnaise, chopped liver. ... lots of heavy use in that one week. You don't want it burning out on you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen