Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If you have a Pesach kitchen....tell me about it.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 11:43 am
Are you glad you invested the money? Do you use it all pesach exclusively, or just to get a head start on cooking and then kasher your regular kitchen anyhow? What do you wish you would have done differently? Since it's only for pesach, any reason I shouldn't get cheapest possible cabinets and appliances?
I've never had a pesach kitchen but we are moving very soon and I am thinking about putting one in, so any advice at all - or even a description of your pesach kitchen and what you like or dislike about it - anything you can share would be so very appreciated!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 12:40 pm
If you happen to have two kitchens, do it! People don't think of it, my aunt has two kitchs and for years didn't have the idea, my dh's cousins have two also and *I* had to suggest it and they laughed and thought I made the concept up.

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 1:52 pm
Definitely worth the money! No need to get fancy cabinets. The only thing I'd change would be to do it sooner!

studying_torah

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 1:55 pm
Put in a decent oven and try to maximize cabinet storage and counter space.

chanee

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 2:09 pm
I don't have a pesach kitchen but if I would it would go into a room I use least not in the other side of the kitchen dinette. The reason you do the kitchen is to be ahead in cooking while the regular kitchen is still with chometz.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 2:52 pm
I just did new construction and put in a pesach kitchen - it is on the main floor (one of the only requests my husband had) but its out of the main area (not near the regular kitchen/diningroom/family room) I put a free standing fridge/freezer that I had, an electric free standing oven that is self cleaning and the lowest level of cabinettu from my kitchen cabinet store. there are two floor to ceiling pantry pull out cabinets - that I upgraded to have four deep pull out drawers come out instead of four deep shelves - with deep shelves the food and stored items get so lost. I was going to put laminate countertop - but once I decided to put in a self cleaning oven and have my extra fridge in the pesach kitchen I decide to spend $400 more and upgrade to the lowest level granite. Havent used it yet - but plan on using it to get a jump start on pesach food prep =- ultimatly I will make my regular kitchen kosher for pesach - including the countertops, ovens, microwaves and fridge - but I will continue to store all of my pots and appliances and food in my pesach kitchen and not remove anything from my regular kitchen

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 3:08 pm
I have a teeny-tiny Pesach kitchen on the second floor (the only place there was room for it) with a two burner stove and a freezer, one sink and a bit of counter space. It's meant for pre-Pesach prep only.

I haven't used it yet really, but I'm looking forward (I guess) to using it this year.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:40 pm
I have a pesach kitchen in a closet in my playroom (which is off my dinette). The playroom has doors so that I can close it off and get a head start on my cooking.

I LOVE IT!

I cover the counters of my regular kitchen and just kasher the sinks at the last minute. One of the biggest advantages is that there is no emptying out cabinets. All of my pesach paraphernalia is stored in the pesach kitchen. During the time that it is in use, I open a big folding table in my playroom for extra counter space.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics