Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What if Imamother was like WhatsApp?
1  2  Next

Would you want such WhatsApp features?
Yes  
 10%  [ 5 ]
No  
 89%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 47

mandr

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:14 pm
And posters would be able to see if and when their posts were read, and by whom? Would you like such a feature or be against it?

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:22 pm
I think that it would create insecurities and/or inflated egos. also, how would you know that someone actually read your post, and didn't just skip over it (granted I'm not familiar at all with whatsapp) I also think that if you know who is reading your posts, that can either be flattering, or stalking.... too much uncertainty.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:31 pm
singleagain wrote:
I think that it would create insecurities and/or inflated egos. also, how would you know that someone actually read your post, and didn't just skip over it (granted I'm not familiar at all with whatsapp) I also think that if you know who is reading your posts, that can either be flattering, or stalking.... too much uncertainty.

ITA

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:40 pm
No, but I would like it if we could see the identity of posters who "like" and "hug" posts. It would be a better contribution to the conversation if the likes weren't anonymous, and it would prevent people from using patronizing hugs or liking a nasty post.

Sherri

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:42 pm
I have been on forums where the Likers and Huggers were visible, don't know how I feel about that here.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:48 pm
Sherri wrote:
I have been on forums where the Likers and Huggers were visible, don't know how I feel about that here.

You can see my screenname when I (theoretically) reply to a thread and write up a post about how I agree with you, so what's the difference if you'd see my screenname just liking your post?

Sherri

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:55 pm
Didn't say I don't like it, not sure what I think.

Things like that here tend to get so heated.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:26 pm
It's OK if you don't like the idea - IIRC Yael would rather not do it anyway. I don't get why not, but hey, it's not my forum, and I don't really care either way either. I enjoyed having this feature on a different forum, that's all.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:59 pm
This is the very feature that creeps me out about whatsapp.

Complete invasion of privacy.

Why would I want it anywhere else?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 11:47 pm
I would not like such a feature.

youngishbear wrote:
This is the very feature that creeps me out about whatsapp.

Complete invasion of privacy.

Why would I want it anywhere else?

FYI, on watsap, you can change your privacy settings so no one can check "last seen" and you won't be able to see anyone's either.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 11:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:

FYI, on watsap, you can change your privacy settings so no one can check "last seen" and you won't be able to see anyone's either.

Good to know.

For now I'm avoiding whatsapp altogether.

Sherri

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 11:54 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
It's OK if you don't like the idea - IIRC Yael would rather not do it anyway. I don't get why not, but hey, it's not my forum, and I don't really care either way either. I enjoyed having this feature on a different forum, that's all.
After reading some threads now, I think it would actually be a good idea to see the Likers, Huggers.

KollelWife3

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 11:57 pm
I would cease using this site. I don't do whatsapp either.

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 1:27 am
No way.

1. Some threads get hundreds of views. Who wants to sort through all that data for every post? What would I possibly do with all that data? I'm not the NSA.

2. Would it make the site slower? (All that data-gathering and storage would take up some time/memory, no?)

3. Total invasion of privacy. Why would I want everybody to know every single thread (every single post? I'd have to click every time I want to read another post? Ick) I've ever looked at? What if someone noticed I were looking at threads about impotence and concluded that my husband suffered from ED? What if I noticed that a friend were looking at threads about infertility? etc.

mandr

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:27 am
ra_mom wrote:

Yes but that doesn't hide the feature of brig able to see who read your messages. The double blue check marks.

loveandpeace

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 10:41 am
singleagain wrote:

I'm with ya

dimyona

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 10:54 am
mandr wrote:
Yes but that doesn't hide the feature of brig able to see who read your messages. The double blue check marks.

You can disable that as well.

Sherri

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 5:39 pm
The Last Seen feature can be disabled in Privacy settings, where can the double blue checks be disabled? And what happens instead, the checks remain gray?

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 5:44 pm
dare I ask what's a whatsapp Question Exclamation

mfb

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 7:03 pm
greenfire wrote:
dare I ask what's a whatsapp Question Exclamation

A fancy texting program where you can also send pics, videos... When you click on that persons name you can see when the last time they went into their whats-app program, and if they read the text you sent.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics