Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Miami for twelfth time...pls help need new ideas
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:26 pm
I am going to the miami/north miami area for the twelfth time for vacation. Dh has gown there four times with me so far. Wanted to go elsewhere but got an amazing deal on tickets. And need to get away and on a budget.
I feel like we have done all attractions already and we will be there for a week. I need new ideas.
Also I am going a week after purim and making pesach this year for the first time.
thanks

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:28 pm
I live in Miami and I'd be glad to give you some ideas, but is this with or without kids? And could you tell me some of the things you've already done and which you liked or disliked so I can get an idea of how to direct you?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:33 pm
Drive down to the keys.

pause

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:48 pm
go snorkeling

visit the everglades

I second the drive to the keys

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:48 pm
Villa viscaya

rofa

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 11:32 pm
You can take a 2hr boat ride to the Bahamas- for a day or longer...

Crystal Springs- http://www.crystalspringspreserve.com/

or you can finally visit Cuba!

losingweight

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 1:00 am
First get a jump start on pesach cleaning.
Kennedy space center is supposed to be fascinating. It's a drive but worth it.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 7:16 am
Op here. I have done the keys, sanibal island, orlando, all the zoos and theme parks, the beach obviously, everglades, rented boats, jet skiing,

studying_torah

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:50 am
Yup take a boat to Bahamas, swim w Dolphins in Miami seaquarium or Orlando, hold a baby tiger in jungle island; glass bottom boat tours; speedboating

gp2.0

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 11:09 am
I second Kennedy Space Center, if you'll be there the evening of March 12 you can see a rocket launch! https://www.kennedyspacecenter......aspx

amother

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 1:33 am
gp2.0 wrote:
I second Kennedy Space Center, if you'll be there the evening of March 12 you can see a rocket launch! https://www.kennedyspacecenter......aspx

I was in Orlando in January. We went to the Kennedy Space Center. A Falcon 9 was supposed to be launched that morning. It was postponed until... last week it finally launched. The space center is an hour's drive from orlando, farther from miami, but it is interesting. fun? not so much.

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:31 am
Check out groupon miami

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:42 am
Do a Segway tour

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:47 am
op here: I decided to take my kids with me after all. Any great ideas for a 3 and 2 year old there? Any amazing and reasonable places to stay?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:50 am
I just staying at amazing Marriott in Palm beach with a lagoon pool that my kids loved. Not much kosher food there though, but you can drive to Hollywood/boca. Only an hour from Miami.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:14 pm
When I was a kid we used to go to Haulover Beach and try to open coconuts. We also went to Fairchild, but it's expensive now. Vizcaya, Matheson Hammock, my favorite place now is Secret Woods Nature preserve. They used to have free bluegrass music on the first Sunday of the month. You might still be able to see turtles at Anne Kolb Nature Center. We used to go to the petting zoo at Amelia Earhart Park and look for sea glass and shells on the beach. We used to pick oranges, lichis, sapadillas, mangos, monsterfruit, indian plums, and lots of other fruits in the neighborhood. We went to Flamingo Park and saw the historic house and the butterfly gardens. We did picnics on the dunes on the beach, we fished off Dania pier, we planted gardens and raised chickens and goats. We tried to catch lizards. We fed the ducks on Snake Creek Canal. We snuck into hotels on 41st St and into Acqualina (Spelling?) to see if we could and watched the tourists. We visited the Delano Hotel and the giant chess set and Alice in Wonderland themed garden. We climbed the hill at Amelia Earhart Park because they said it is the highest point in Florida. (It's not) and we never got sick of swimming. In hurricane season we went to the beach to watch the waves rip in before a hurricane.

I never run out of things to do in Florida. I was so sorry to move away. I went to NY and there was nothing fun to do. Smile

heidi

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:19 pm
The fishing museum in ft. Lauderdale

mazal555

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:20 pm
Outdoor World

perseverance613

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 2:47 pm
Don't go somewhere you don't really want to go because its cheap. Visit new places. The world is huge and does not revolve around NYC-Miami axis.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 3:09 pm
perseverance613 wrote:
Don't go somewhere you don't really want to go because its cheap. Visit new places. The world is huge and does not revolve around NYC-Miami axis.

op here- I don't agree with all with you. At this point after buying a new house three months ago and living with family for almost a year we want to go away a bit. I was in Florida when I was younger with my family a bunch of times and loved it. I happen not to love sitting by a beach or pool all day, so would love to see somewhere else but....Its the CHEAPEST place to get a way AND feel like you are somewhere else. When you find me tickets for under 120 round trip from NY to somewhere that you get all the benefits of a frum place, kosher food, warm weather let me know.

I happen to be very excited to take my kids along and watch them blossom in the sunshine- they have barely been out all winter long.......
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics