Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I'm trying to raise $$$ to pay for Mendy's camp

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 8:25 am
Hi ladies. I hate doing this... I hate to be a 'shnorrer'.... so please ignore this if you don't have extra maaser money or stam extra money to spare. You all know how much Camp Menucha means to Mendy and to my family. We wait for it all year, and he thrives in the outdoor environment. I just got a call from the financial dept and it seems we owe them quite a bit of money still for last year, after all the medicaid reimbursements and money from our own pockets. They gave us a substantial scholarship but we're still about $1000 short. I was debating if I should do another GoFundMe fundraiser - obviously this isn't a life-or-death situation and I really don't expect too many people to feel it's a justified cause. But I decided it wouldn't hurt to try and see if I can come up with something, even if it's a little bit -- obviously I'll pay the rest on my own (maybe some of my recent writing checks...) and it's been heartwarming that I raised $150 in one day! So here's the link just in case there's anyone among you that wants to contribute a little bit - no obligation! I truly appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much!

http://www.gofundme.com/m78lls

Sanguine

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:03 am
I donated. We all give to so many causes that ask, so why not help someone we "know"? (BTW, your link to the video is messed up)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 10:15 am
thanks so much!!
I will fix the link.
Really appreciate it.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 10:18 am
The video link works now, enjoy Smile http://bit.ly/1pftrLW

Sanguine

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 10:41 am
Loved the clip.

My kids volunteer a lot with handicapped kids (mostly CP). They stay here for Shabbatonim or sometimes they even invite one alone for Shabbat. I always say that the madrichim get so much from it too. It's just so special to watch these big kids so dedicated to these kids. The clip shows how much the kids are enjoying all the special attention and fun they get from these madrichim (who are "kids", not busy parents). And every Shabbaton, trip, week of camp... really gives the parents a much needed break.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 12:21 pm
Donated, and cross posted to FB and Twitter. Very Happy

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 2:07 pm
sounds like a great place for your mendy ... good luck !!! Hug

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:16 pm
Kindly, pm me. I am trying to pm you and it is not going through on my phone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics