Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Curly sheitel ladies, what's in your bottle?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 6:56 pm
Right now I spray my curly wig with water and conditioner. It's always crunch at first but looks good. What magic ingredients do you put in your spray bottle? Also do you let it dry on the wig head? It seems like it would be curlier if I wasnt "hanging." Any other tips? I am mostly trying to prevent friz and knots.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 6:59 pm
If you want it curlier, put it on the wig head, and then put a hair net over it. The net will support the weight at the bottom while the curl is setting.

I do the water/conditioner thing in the spray bottle, too.

granolamom

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 8:05 pm
I dry my curly wig the same way I dry my curly hair. google 'curly girl plopping'
and youre right, more curls if it doesnt hang dry.

oh, and just water in the bottle, for me.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:34 pm
Two great ideas!! Gonna get a hair net. Do they sell those at the drug store? I googled "plopping" very interesting!!!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:38 pm
How do I "plop" a wig? Bundle it up in a t-shirt and leave it? Does it ever dry?

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 10:50 pm
there is only so many times spritzing it with water will help ... you need to put in some product like noodle head & scrunch it up again - probably once a week

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 12:25 am
I store my curly sheital inside out. I stored it that way for travel and the curls came out great.

granolamom

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 9:24 am
Squishy wrote:
I store my curly sheital inside out. I stored it that way for travel and the curls came out great.

great idea!

amother

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 10:56 am
Wow! I was always afraid to get one. Thought they were so hard to take care of. All this talk about curly sheitels is really tempting me to get one. Who sells them? I really never see them in the wig stores.

QUEENY

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 1:21 pm
I put in mostly water, Biosilk and Mousse. I hold the wig on the sides of the net on top of a towel and just pick it up and down to scrunch up the curls then I lay it down, net up on the towel to dry and it's curlier when I pick it up an hour or two later.

silbergirl

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 5:07 pm
I use a Fructis oil free spray leave in condi. I am pleased with the results, actually. And it smells nice and doesnt leave my sheitel messy.

How do you keep it from tangling and knotting? It is always tangled on the back.... Sad

musicmom

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 7:05 pm
it's a ten spray is amazing

nicole81

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 7:32 pm
amother wrote:
Wow! I was always afraid to get one. Thought they were so hard to take care of. All this talk about curly sheitels is really tempting me to get one. Who sells them? I really never see them in the wig stores.

they take daily maintenance but nothing more than spraying, scrunching, and sometimes adding product. and they can go a really long time in between washes, still looking good.

I have a natural curly/wavy that's a clary. a friend of mine has a super curly freeda. I've read on here that lauren eisenberger is also good to go to for curlies.

granolamom

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 9:58 pm
I got a great curly wig from lauren eisenberger. I also had two frieda's, they were meh. after a year or so no longer looked 'very curly' only sorta wavy/curly. wore my lauren regularly for 3 years and then occasionally for another 3 and the curls held. I still have it, but I've gone straight since.
the curly wigs are much easier to maintain than straight. easy to wash yourself, no blowdrying or major styling.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 10:10 pm
granolamom wrote:
I got a great curly wig from lauren eisenberger. I also had two frieda's, they were meh. after a year or so no longer looked 'very curly' only sorta wavy/curly. wore my lauren regularly for 3 years and then occasionally for another 3 and the curls held. I still have it, but I've gone straight since.
the curly wigs are much easier to maintain than straight. easy to wash yourself, no blowdrying or major styling.

Thank you, granolamom, for your reply! Question: Which wig brand does Lauren Eisenberger specialize in? Which one would you recommend?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 10:28 pm
nicole81 wrote:
they take daily maintenance but nothing more than spraying, scrunching, and sometimes adding product. and they can go a really long time in between washes, still looking good.

I have a natural curly/wavy that's a clary. a friend of mine has a super curly freeda. I've read on here that lauren eisenberger is also good to go to for curlies.

Thank you, nicole81 for your reply!

moto

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 11:30 pm
Tiki dean in crown heights is THE BEST! I don't know anyone with complaints about her shaitels N
And I'm really happy with mine!!
Hair is completely non processed or dyed Nd air dries etc.. She has great customer service and the fronts of her shaitels are so natural.many ppl do t believe I'm wearing a shaitel

granolamom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you, granolamom, for your reply! Question: Which wig brand does Lauren Eisenberger specialize in? Which one would you recommend?

mine is one of her semi-customs. she sells other brands and also makes her own (I mean I dont know if *she* makes them or has them made or whatever, but you can choose the hair and she fits the cap and all that)

amother

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 5:23 pm
granolamom wrote:
mine is one of her semi-customs. she sells other brands and also makes her own (I mean I dont know if *she* makes them or has them made or whatever, but you can choose the hair and she fits the cap and all that)

Thank you!

ImaMum

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 5:11 pm
Hello curly ladies
So I washed and moussed my wavy sheital last week and it came out really nice and beach wavy but now the curls have dropped.
What's this about spraying water and conditioner? Is this something I should do? How much part water/part conditioner? Cos I was just going to make the hair wet and re mousse :/
(Normally I straighten this sheital so not used to dealing with the waves but now love the look!)
Thanks Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics