Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Psychology program with a BA from TTI

tf

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 4:43 pm
Has anyone gone through a psychology program for child psychology with a masters degree from TTI? Which college or university accepts a masters from TTI other than Excelsior? I know Rebetzin Bulka doesn't accept, and so do others. What are my choices?

imasinger

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 8:13 pm
TTI can help you with the master's program, and finding a school online that accepts your undergraduate credentials. Have you spoken to them? My DD got her MPH through them (to go on in a child psychology field), but I believe they had connections for child psychology as well.

Lady Bug

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 8:28 pm
tf wrote:
Has anyone gone through a psychology program for child psychology with a masters degree from TTI? Which college or university accepts a masters from TTI other than Excelsior? I know Rebetzin Bulka doesn't accept, and so do others. What are my choices?

I think the issue with Rebetzin Bulka involves a little Jewish politics and that is the reason for them not accepting it. Touro will not accept it for the same reason.

Any other college, especially not a local one, will accept your degree of its from an accredited university. TTI doesn't grant masters; which university granted the degree?

tf

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 9:31 pm
I'm at my BA now and looking for a masters in psychology or doctoral. Whichever I find, that is what I'll take. Eventually I want to go for doctoral, and I believe if a university offers doctoral, they'll also have masters programs. I have some courses from Kaplan University, they didn't honor TTI either and they're not a Jewish place.

SRS

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 9:33 pm
What about just seeking a mainstream degree?

Lady Bug

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 9:43 pm
tf wrote:
I'm at my BA now and looking for a masters in psychology or doctoral. Whichever I find, that is what I'll take. Eventually I want to go for doctoral, and I believe if a university offers doctoral, they'll also have masters programs. I have some courses from Kaplan University, they didn't honor TTI either and they're not a Jewish place.

Which college did you get your bachelor's degree? Was it Excelsior? Because they are an accredited program, so your question needs to be who will accept an excelsior degree, not a TTI degree.

Also, your BA might be acceptable, however you might be missing some core requirements that you can complete outside of your actual degree to qualify for the program.

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:18 pm
BUMP due to related conversation on another thread:

I know someone personally who graduated with a Bachelor's degree with Excelsior College through TTI and has gotten into NYU for graduate school... It can be done Cool

tf

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:29 pm
Thanks, basmelech120.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:47 pm
I've heard of people who've gone to Rutgers for their masters, with a BA from some of the frum programs, like TTI. In fact my sister is graduating Rutgers in the fall, with a masters in social work. I don't remember where her undergrad is from, I can't say 100% it was from TTI - it was a local program but I think the degree was from Thomas Edison back then when she started.

treestump

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 5:03 pm
tf wrote:

I know people who have gone through Maalot (Thomas Edison) and other places. Bulka officially doesn't accept from many other places, but as long as the college is accredited, it is illegal for them to turn down applicants based on their college.

I know a few people who have gotten into Bulka even though initially she said she wouldn't accept them. They did their research and found that a college simply can't reject you because you went to TTI or elsewhere if you fulfilled all requirements for your degree through an accredited college.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics