Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Family trip to Paris this summer?

chocmom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 5:24 am
We have an opportunity to go to Paris for a few days this summer, for a mini break with our kids.
Do you think it's unsafe? Is it better to just avoid or am I over-reacting to some very horrible recent events?
We would be spending time touring and at Disneyland. Even if boys wore caps etc, they may lapse into Hebrew and I'm pretty sure we'll look Jewish regardless. Plus, going to kosher restaurants etc. Thoughts?? Thank you

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 1:06 pm
Personally I'm not quite convinced Paris is any safer or unsafer than before the incident. Like in any large cities, I'd be more concerned about pickpockets and other petty crimes. Euro Disney is pretty parve destination, esp as there're other attractions to the city in general. (It's not even in Paris propre...) I assume you won't be going into banlieu (suburbs with low-income housings where ethnic minorities tend to be represented in higher proportions). If during the day I don't mind taking RER (train lines) B to the airport but won't do in the evenings. Also note some (but not all) kosher places would likely close during most of August.

chocmom

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:29 pm
Thanks for your help mrs bissli!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics