Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
13 week old sleep- waking up at night

amother1223

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:53 am
My DD was sleeping through the night from 6-12 weeks BH. I started implementing organized naps and now she wakes at night 3-4 times. Help! What should I do?

amother1223

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:55 am
BTW she is out of our room and has been since 4 weeks old Kah

pause

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:24 am
Are you breastfeeding? Or bottle feeding?

Regardless of how you feed, a 13 week old baby SHOULD wake up in middle of the night and you SHOULD feed him/her. It is normal. A baby is not an adult. Please speak to your ped if you are not sure about anything regarding infant care. (You seem to be a bit inexperienced.)

If you are breastfeeding, your baby will wake up even more often.

Also, your baby is better off with you in your room for at least the first 6 months of life.

amother1223

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:28 am
Exclusively breastfeeding

pause

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:31 am
amother1223 wrote:
Exclusively breastfeeding

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen to me:

Your baby needs to nurse every 2-3 hours regardless of day or night. Some babies may naturally give you longer stretches at night, and if that's the case, it's your choice if you want to wake him up or not. BUT, if the baby wakes up, you must feed him!!! Breastmilk gets digested very fast and baby is legitimately hungry.

Again, I will reiterate my point about baby sleeping in your room for at least until 6 months old. It will be easier for you to breastfeed and it is safer for your baby.

pause

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:36 am
Why the hugs, you anonymous hugger?

luppamom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 10:16 am
I think it's the age. My baby did the same thing. At 4 mos., she suddenly started waking up in the middle night while from 6 weeks til 4 mos., she slept from 12:30 til daylight w/o waking up. Hate to say this, but my baby still wakes up and she's 7 mos. now k"h.

It's time for sleep training. I think this is the age, once her sleep is becoming more regular. But, even if you train her, she is young and probably will still wake up in the middle of the night b/c she NEEDs to eat. Once she's a little older, then you can try to train to sleep through the night.

And yes, I agree w/ Pause. When you're waking up in the middle of the night, it's much easier to have the baby in a crib right next to you. Once your baby is developmentally ready to stop eating in the middle of the night, that's probably the time to move her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics