Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Trusted auto mechanic says NJ auto mechanic ripped DS off

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 10:08 am
My very very trustworthy auto mechanic who my local relatives have been using for twenty years, says NJ auto mechanic ripped DS off big-time. DS showed the detailed invoice to my mechanic, and according to my very trusted mechanic, the NJ place doubled or tripled the price (way over a thousand difference).

The place in New jersey is not Jewish. How would you deal with it?

scrltfr

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 11:14 am
Mevater wrote:
My very very trustworthy auto mechanic who my local relatives have been using for twenty years, says NJ auto mechanic ripped DS off big-time. DS showed the detailed invoice to my mechanic, and according to my very trusted mechanic, the NJ place doubled or tripled the price (way over a thousand difference).

The place in New jersey is not Jewish. How would you deal with it?

Is it a chain? If so call corporate offices. If private try and speak to the owner.

Leahh

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 11:18 am
Not really much you can do. Mechanics can make up their own prices. It's like buying something in one store and then going to another store and finding it for cheaper.
unless another customer got a different price for the same work/parts from that mechanic you can't really do anything.

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 11:27 am
The place isnt listed on bbb.org. Even non-BBB members are listed on BBB.org usually. Its rare to find a business with no sign of it on BBB.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics