Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dress me for an interview

amother

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:50 pm
I would like to know what to wear to an interview in a right-wing MO school where they are very into looking put together and fancy. I will not wear a suit or a blazer as none of the teachers dress that way. I am looking for a more fitted, sophisticated look than a stiff one. It has to be very trendy and nice, not too casual. can anyone post a link for a top, shoes, or anything else?
It is hard to understand from descriptions so any link will be appreciated

Fave

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:55 pm
I'm not a fashion maven - so can't offer you any help on this. But boy am I glad that it's not me trying to get a job at a place that they are very into fancy clothing.

zaq

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 10:15 pm
Do yourself a favor and go for a classic business suit livened up with one "statement" accessory. For a job interview you always dress more formally than you would on the job itself. Interviewers will assess your clothing and take it down a notch to estimate how you would dress on the job, because they know that for an interview, one wears one's very best.

A three-piece knit suit, not too clingy, might do the trick. If one can tell from the back how many hooks there are in your bra clasp, it is too clingy.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 10:47 pm
You can never go wrong with a pencil skirt and button down shirt tucked in with heels.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:51 am
I agree with other posters, to wear a classic suit even if that is not the dress code. It is okay (and probably recommended) to be more formal on an interview than the what the job requires.
If you want to be more stylish, then accessorize with a really trendy necklace or scarf and wear really nice shoes.

esther09

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 12:23 pm
I agree with the posters about at least wearing a blazer.

I get what you're saying in terms of the women at this school being put together and not "stiff" but blazers are actually really trendy right now when done in the right way. I know you want to fit in but in my experience, it's always better to be slightly overdressed than underdressed and I, too, work in an environment where people are professional and "put together" but not "stiff". For example the link below:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini.....1.jpg

I think something like this might be perfect for this situation because it's trendy and clean-cut and professional looking. It's a blazer but it's still trendy and fitted, a nice but solid under-top, a patterned skirt and a statement necklace (VERY trendy now), and a nice pair of black heels.

In terms of tznius, you could do a pencil skirt that's longer than the type of a-line in the picture. And, statement necklaces always look nicer with tops that cover the collarbone anyway! Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics