Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shabbes dinnerware set

ImaCohen4

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 9:19 pm
Can someone point me to a store that carries very large dinnerware sets appropriate for Shabbat? I need a set for 12 plus guests. Maybe 16? TIA

skirtznsox

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:22 pm
Usually at Bed Bath & Beyond you can get dinnerware sets. You may have to buy 2-3 sets but they're definitely Shabbat appropriate. Some of their sets are larger, too. Also, try Macy's.

ImaCohen4

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:16 pm
Thank you. I did buy our fleishig dishes from bbb but I need China type or porcelain dishes for Shabbat. Lenox is out of my price range and I'm trying to get something nice as DH asked but not go broke. He was raised with a beautiful table setting every Shabbat as was I and we want to recreate that in our home just at an affordable expense.

bargainlover

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:19 pm
I got beautiful Mikasa service of 16(2 sets of 8) for just about 350 dollars....called parchment if u want to look it up....
edit to add at bed bath and beyond

skirtznsox

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:44 pm
I have parchment, too! It seems to be common, but beautiful and well loved by all. I got it at BBB, and I think macy's also carries it.

ettilou

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:45 pm
Are you in NY? I find The Buzz had a great selection at fabulous prices. Actually, Chavi their website soo because they run really great deals b4 pesach. If I recall, it's like service for 12 with 5 serving pieces for under 300. And they even have cheaper sets. Good luck

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:47 pm
Yep, Mikasa Parchment is what all the kallahs are ordering these days at BB&B. It is quite lovely. 2 services for 8 give you an extra cushion in case of breakage. If you plan a large family, get three sets and put one away. Always buy a larger number of place settings than you expect to need because patterns are discontinued on a regular basis (this is called "job security" in the housewares industry) and by the time you need to buy replacement pieces the pattern will no longer be available. Of course not. This is how they get people to buy whole new services for 16 every so often. Very few of us who are not stylists for House Beautiful can throw together a bunch of mismatched dishes, call it "an amusingly eclectic collection" and fool anyone into believing that it is anything but a collection of mismatched dishes.

ImaCohen4

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:54 pm
Thank you that was great information I'm off to hunt for parchment. I'm clueless lol.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:58 pm
I also have Mikasa Parchment. I don't love it, but it is good quality and I don't feel bad if any of it breaks cuz it's not $150 a setting!

But the Buzz is also a good idea. You can get service for 16 for a (low) few hundred dollars at most.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics