Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
The WORST thing you ever ate
1  2  3  4  5  Next

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:42 am
For me it was ginger. I ate it straight (my grandfather said it was delicious..)
I was nauseous for like two weeks after that! Puke

What was your worst food?

champion

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 4:19 am
spoiled milk

rice baked in orange juice Smile
one shabbos I thought I would be an awsome cook and try something new. I baked rice and chicken in orange juice and other stuff. it was gross. boy did I learn

dvorak613

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 4:30 am
A kale cake. I was a Shabbos guest by someone who gets hooked on a lot of diet fads. For dessert, she served a gluten free, sugar free cake that was flavored with kale Puke. Kale is wonderful when used properly. Dessert is not one of those uses. The cake was absolutely vile, and I had to pretend otherwise, because I didn't want to be rude.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 4:54 am
Candied ginger. I use fresh ginger in cooking, but this was awful.

Spicy Indian pickle. I like spicy foods, but this was spicy + awful. Too much tumeric and mustard seeds. I love Indian food, but this just didn't work for me.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 4:55 am
DrMom wrote:
Candied ginger. I use fresh ginger in cooking, but this was awful.

Spicy Indian pickle. I like spicy foods, but this was spicy + awful. Too much tumeric and mustard seeds. I love Indian food, but this just didn't work for me.

Yes. That's the ginger I had!!! Yuck

myself

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:04 am
I know it's a little off topic but it's funny to hear your reactions to ginger. I probably would've said the same too if not for the benefits I had from it. Ginger is great for nausea (and bloating) and was a lifesaver when I needed it... my reaction was the same as yours initially and I thought I could NEVER get used to it. I couldn't understand how ANYONE could possibly like it. It helped though so I kept trying and eventually got used to it...
There are different types though, some stronger/milder than others.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:15 am
myself wrote:
I know it's a little off topic but it's funny to hear your reactions to ginger. I probably would've said the same too if not for the benefits I had from it. Ginger is great for nausea (and bloating) and was a lifesaver when I needed it... my reaction was the same as yours initially and I thought I could NEVER get used to it. I couldn't understand how ANYONE could possibly like it. It helped though so I kept trying and eventually got used to it...
There are different types though, some stronger/milder than others.

Don't ever try the candied one! I thought I'd never feel okay again.. . Smile

myself

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:25 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
Don't ever try the candied one! I thought I'd never feel okay again.. . Smile

I am referring to the candied one Wink LOL
The real thing, never! Puke

ora_43

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:27 am
It's a toss up between burnt rice and jalapeno flavored ice cream.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:36 am
myself wrote:
I am referring to the candied one Wink LOL
The real thing, never! Puke

I can see why that would help with nausea. Because one usually feels relief after throwing up.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:37 am
ora_43 wrote:
It's a toss up between burnt rice and jalapeno flavored ice cream.

A what flavored ice cream??

spring13

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 6:12 am
Marmite!

justforfun87

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 6:26 am
On my flight to Poland I had some kosher" rice/chicken dish that was so terrible, could swear they poisoned it. Vomit! I'll eat anything, with pleasure, but this was traumatizing.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 6:37 am
O and rose water jello. I ate it at someone's house and they served it for dessert. Wow, that packed a punch.

justcallmeima

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 6:47 am
My brother went to a friend's for Shabbos and they made a salad dressing he really liked so they sent some home with him in a little cup with a lid. I saw it in the fridge and thought it looked like a strawberry milkshake. So, expecting to taste a strawberry milkshake, I took a swig of salad dressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't eat anything for a couple of days after that!

heidi

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:11 am
I absolutely love candied ginger!

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:12 am
justforfun87 wrote:
O and rose water jello. I ate it at someone's house and they served it for dessert. Wow, that packed a punch.

I had some rose-flavored sweets in India. I felt like I was ingesting perfume. Not for me.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:14 am
salmon caviar.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:15 am
I don't think that I ever ate anything that I would not try again. That being said, I really do not like scrambled eggs!

gp2.0

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:15 am
Chunks of canned tuna in a matbucha sauce. It was appalling. I hate any kind of fish with tomato sauce, I don't even know why I tried it. I can't even think of it now without gagging.

Also, pasta with ketchup and cottage cheese tastes and looks alarmingly like vomit.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics