Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
The WORST thing you ever ate
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

egam

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:08 pm
morah wrote:
Durian would probably taste fine if it didn't smell like a dirty diaper. I tasted it because the person who convinced me to try it swore it tastes a lot better than it smells. Which may be true, but the smell was so overpowering that I thought it tasted like the smell. I've always wondered who decided that it would be a good idea to attempt to eat it once they got close enough to smell it. Aren't humans wired to avoid foods that reek?

That's what I heard too. But I couldn't get over the smell. Luckily for us we had a guest who loved it and she was sent home with all that leftovers. We still laugh about it every Rosh Hashona many years later.

MMCH

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:18 pm
One Eruv Yom Kippur my mother went to Meal Mart and bought (not to her knowledge) Kreplach with chopped liver inside.
Either it was spoiled, or really not my taste, I never tasted something so vile.

Ever since then, I can't look or even think about Liver.

SJcookie

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:21 pm
Lox. Tasted like jellied salty fish Tongue Out

pumpernickle

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 12:52 am
Pizza cones. Was sooo dissappointed with them.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 4:31 am
Iymnok wrote:
I love smelly cheese! The smellier the better! I even let my cheese sit out to ripen. When it starts to get little blue mold spots I eat those. Think camembert left out for a couple days, moldy, creamy and delicious.
I won't touch American cheese.

I think the mouldy ones are more expensive

chanchy123

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 4:55 am
I must echo the candied ginger that is one of the foulest tasting thing I have ever tasted.
When I was pregnant with my first and suffered severe nausea people recommended ginger tee. You add shaved fresh ginger to boiling water. That was so bad, for years just the word ginger tee would make me gag - but my pregnancy might have had something to do with that.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 5:02 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
I think the mouldy ones are more expensive

They sure are, and also difficult to obtain quality ones with a good hechsher. My mother has a friend in Italy who has access to the real stuff.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 5:08 am
Iymnok wrote:
They sure are, and also difficult to obtain quality ones with a good hechsher. My mother has a friend in Italy who has access to the real stuff.

I can make your cheese moldy for free! Wink

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 5:11 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
I can make your cheese mouldy for free! Wink
marbelized with blue and orange and really smelly!?!

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 5:14 am
Iymnok wrote:
marbelized with blue and orange and really smelly!?!

sure keep it out of your fridge preferably inside a shoe for a couple days and put some food coloring on the edges. and... viola! smelly moldy cheese! you're welcome

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 7:29 am
they sell mouldy cheese (like danish blue, which I tasted once and liked) but if regular cheese like chedder or brie or gouda gets mouldy I cut it off and eat the rest.

I ate olives by accident. can't stand them. But I am sure there are worse things I've eaten.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 7:42 am
I once mistook a container of frozen cantaloupe sorbet for a container of frozen chicken broth. Dropped it into the crock pot for shabbos. It smelled odd. But I was pregnant and everything smelled odd. DH didn't mention it smelled odd. So I served us steaming hot bowls of cantaloupe sorbet. AWFUL! It took me a couple minutes to figure out what the heck I had just served. I want to hurl just thinking about it.

Happy18

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:05 am
Goose liver. The texture was so awful I don't even remember if it tasted good.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:06 am
Castor oil. Barf.

chefmommy

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:52 am
I'm gonna go with the castor oil as well
Had some almost 14 years ago still cant think about how stupid I was to drink that.
Guess I was just following drs order.
And a bad sunflower seed 😫

shanie5

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:08 pm
Ptcha. Tried 1 bite. Took me 5 minutes to swallow without barfing. (was at future in laws house). For the next year (at least) I couldn't say the word ptcha without gagging.

Once I got a raw pickled chicken breast. When cooked, it smelled so awful I couldn't get myself to taste it. The kids did taste-and said it was as bad as the smell.

Oh, and cottage cheese and ketchup on pasta is a staple in my house.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:22 pm
OKRA

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:27 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Ptcha. Tried 1 bite. Took me 5 minutes to swallow without barfing. (was at future in laws house). For the next year (at least) I couldn't say the word ptcha without gagging.

Once I got a raw pickled chicken breast. When cooked, it smelled so awful I couldn't get myself to taste it. The kids did taste-and said it was as bad as the smell.

Oh, and cottage cheese and ketchup on pasta is a staple in my house.

Whenever I subbed, I "threatened" to bring ptcha for the kids who misbehaved. Once when I was coming in, the whole class was banging the desks and calling out in unison, "we want ptcha, we want ptcha." Several parents told me that their kids refused to eat ptcha after I subbed but that was fine with them because they did not want it either.

emunahmother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:57 pm
You can eat moldy cheese?!
I know there are aged cheeses, yes. But if you buy a bag of shredded,and it turns green, you can still eat it? shock

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:12 pm
I detest all kinds of liver, and even the faintest whiff of smell makes me sick to my stomach.

DH loves it. I am secretly happy that he got gout, because his doctor told him that he couldn't eat liver anymore. Ever since then, his foot has recovered, and no more liver in the house!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics