Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
The WORST thing you ever ate
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

moto

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:21 pm
chilbe----sooooooooooooo vile.. I ate a bit by someones house in israel and had to make as if I liked it so not to insult them...
Kedem Port NY 18% red wine...VILEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like wine but this is nasty stuff! I had to drink it 2x a week on a experiment for an issue I had...GOSH! NASTY!!! Someone was at our house and needed wine for Havdala and used it and they couldnt stand it either~!

Emotional

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:53 pm
Brains. Thinking it was some kind of chicken nuggets.

miyodea

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:06 pm
Schav with red wine vinegar. A friend was trying a recipe for an updated ethnic foods blog post for one of those things where a bunch of blogs link together in a circle, I can't recall what it's called, and she asked me to try it and tell her what I thought. It was so absolutely vile I spat it out into the bowl right in front of her.

Also jalapeƱo herring. There are some foods that just shouldn't be used in fusion cooking and herring is definitely one of them.

mol

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:29 pm
black jelly beans

ohnuts!

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:33 pm
marzipan! anyone get them for mishloach manos ? they look so colorful yet taste horrible!

mommyla

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:35 pm
Jarred gefilte fish. Puke

Oh, and fenugreek (not at the same time as the fish). Puke Puke

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:45 pm
Uh oh, I don't mind jarred gefilte fish (certainly not the worst thing I ever ate), and black jelly beans are the best!
On the other hand, matjes herring and liver are both food experiences that I will try not to repeat.

patientmom

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:16 pm
Black Jellybeans are my favorite too!

Fenugreek, you probably didn't make it right. I grew up eating it every Friday night...It's a whole process, making it right.

Swiss cheese on the other hand...I get a bad taste in my mouth even thinking about it.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:34 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
sure keep it out of your fridge preferably inside a shoe for a couple days and put some food coloring on the edges. and... viola! smelly moldy cheese! you're welcome

Rolling Laughter

That's hilarious!

Just don't ruin your good Shabbos heels.

heidi

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:36 pm
Wow, if this was a shidduch questionnaire I would fail miserably.
I love candied ginger.
DH and I love liver.
Goose liver is a special treat for when we go out.
We buy chilbe every Shabbat and love it!
And my baked ziti is basically tomato sauce and cottage cheese (and a couple of other ingredients) baked.

momx6

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:53 pm
[quote="ohnuts!"]marzipan! anyone get them for mishloach manos ? they look so colorful yet taste horrible![/quote

I absolutely love marzipan! Send it over this way...

boysrus

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:58 pm
heidi wrote:
I love candied ginger.
DH and I love liver.
And my baked ziti is basically tomato sauce and cottage cheese (and a couple of other ingredients) baked.

hey I was thinkign the same thing!
I love ginger, love herring and liver and marzipan too!

I think teh only thing I ever ate and really really disliked is tongue. go on , shout at me, everyone else loves tongue, right?!

myself

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 6:59 am
I was trying to wrack my brains... thanks for helping out boyrus LOL LOL

Tongue Puke I think it's the texture that bothers me most. I don't know how anyone can eat it, never mind love it. I'm almost vomiting at the thought...

Just goes to show how subjective taste is. That's one of the reasons I'm hesitant when I read recipe reviews.

CatLady

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 7:09 am
Worst thing ever? I'd have to say bagels, lox and cream cheese - I usually love this as a brunch but not when the clueless hostess buys blueberry bagels and I'm expected to smile appreciatively and chow down. No, there was not one non-sweet bagel in the bunch! I still have PTSD.

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 7:11 am
myself wrote:
I was trying to wrack my brains... thanks for helping out boyrus LOL LOL

Tongue Puke I think it's the texture that bothers me most. I don't know how anyone can eat it, never mind love it. I'm almost vomiting at the thought...

Just goes to show how subjective taste is. That's one of the reasons I'm hesitant when I read recipe reviews.

We were eating out with family once, and we got served a really fancy dinner.
We had duck, tongue, lamb, salads, fries, you name it, it was there. (thanks grandma!) and my cousin was like "wow, we have a whole graveyard on the table".
It's hard to enjoy the food when you think what it was... I like tongue, it tastes great. But just the thought of what it was makes me gag.

Funny story -

We were at a hotel and the lady next to us was getting served tongue. She asked the waiter what it was and he said it was tongue.
She gave him this horrified look and said "you think I'm going to eat something that was in someone else's mouth?!"

We were cracking up!

myself

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 7:16 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
We were eating out with family once, and we got served a really fancy dinner.
We had duck, tongue, lamb, salads, fries, you name it, it was there. (thanks grandma!) and my cousin was like "wow, we have a whole graveyard on the table".
It's hard to enjoy the food when you think what it was... I like tongue, it tastes great. But just the thought of what it was makes me gag.

Funny story -

We were at a hotel and the lady next to us was getting served tongue. She asked the waiter what it was and he said it was tongue.
She gave him this horrified look and said "you think I'm going to eat something that was in someone else's mouth?!"

We were cracking up!

Rolling Laughter

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 7:32 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
Funny story -

We were cracking up!

Ask her if she eats eggs.

rowo

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 7:55 am
Some of these posts are hysterical!
There are definitely things I've eaten that I really don't like, but I cant remember what the worst would be.
I can't bring myself to eat tongue, my family love it but I just refuse to make it.
But on the other hand I love liver and ptcha.

This reminds me of a time my family went out to eat when I was a kid.
My sister ordered vanilla icecream with cherry sauce for dessert.
Now this restaurant had two cherry sauces in their kitchen, a savoury one they served with chicken and a sweet one they used for cakes and ice cream. You can just imagine which one my sister got. She was this good little girl and tried to eat as much as she could, it was her dessert after all, but after a while everyone realised something was a bit wrong...
They had the decency to bring her a new dessert at least...🍦🍗🍧🍖🍒

liora25

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 8:07 am
Tinned gefilte fish .... Eeeek

gp2.0

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 8:30 am
heidi wrote:
I love candied ginger.
DH and I love liver.

A baked ziti with tomato sauce and cottage cheese and a couple of other Ingredients ( Milk to tone down the squishy texture of cottage cheese? Other cheese? Spices?) is very different than plain boiled pasta with ketchup and cottage cheese.

That reminds me of the story: a poor man wanted to taste cheese blintzes so his wife tried to make them for him. He got her the recipe.

First cheese - well I don't have cheese - she thought, eh it'll be fine without it. Then she didn't have sugar either. But she mixed together some flour and water and salt and an egg and rolled up the crepe and served it to her husband, who said - wow, this tastes exactly like the breakfast you make me every day! I feel like a rich man now. LOL
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics