Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Ping pong - Netanyahu versus European Jewish leaders

self-actualization

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:24 pm
Is anyone else amazed by the ping pong game? Every time something happens in Europe (unfortunately), Netanyahu says - Israel is your home, we welcome you, and the European Jewish leader says - European country is your home, don't leave.

What's going on here? Isn't it a little naive to try to persuade scared European Jews not to leave?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:32 pm
Isn't it a bit naive to try to persuade people who want to stay that their feeling is odd or wrong or bad? to make propaganda? that I get pms describing ME the situation in MY area (with "mistakes")?

Why can't people stop patronizing? It makes both sides look terrible, childish, selfish. But what is certain, is that people with a seichel, will do what THEY plan.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 7:20 pm
Exactly as Ruchel said. Obviously they're both stating their opinions reflecting their own self-interest. We can make up our own mind, thank you very much. IF I'm making an Aliya, I'd rather do it for positive reasons instead of being forced to as a country of last refuge (lo aleinu). IMHO it doesn't really help everytime Natanyahu makes his 'Israel is your real home' statement because it implies Jews don't belong in Europe and we're alien sojourner, which in turn is endorsing anti-Semitic views.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics