Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Help Me Make a WAH Schedule

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 1:53 am
I am a WAHM and have a baby that stays home w/ me. I am supposed to work 3-4 hrs. a day. Anyway, I find that if I work during my baby's naps, I am able to work well, but the housework and supper doesn't get done or is very basic, too basic for my liking and I get overwhelmed. I also get upset if the baby catnaps (happens a lot). I can't work when she's up.

If I try working when she's asleep for the night, I am often very tired and it could mean I am stuck working til bedtime. I don't find that I work that well at night. I would have to start around 7:30-8:00 as I put the baby to bed around 7:00 and then need to eat supper.

I'm trying to think of ideas. For awhile, I worked more hrs. (but not a set amount at set times) and sent her to a babysitter. I found that it wasn't so practical. She would often fall asleep at the babysitter pretty close to when I was picking her up and the babysitter would wake her up... that spelled a cranky day for both of us! I also am nursing and would go to her every few hrs. to nurse (babysitter is a close neighbor) These days, I don't think I have enough work or am making enough money to justify this (especially if I send her longer hrs. so that the babysitter shouldn't have to wake her up from a nap).

Any ideas? Anyone else doing this? What works for you?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 2:43 pm
bump

smss

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 2:54 pm
it's really tough! I was never very successful about it and was actually a little relieved to start working out of the home again. would it work to wear her in a baby carrier while you work? or even to send her out for let's say just 2 hours...right after she wakes up and you nurse her, however long she can go before needing to eat/be put to sleep again?

both of those ideas have been somewhat helpful to me, but honestly it really is tough. everyone I know who works from home struggles with this issue Sad hugs!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers