Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please recommend a top audiologist in Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 12:56 pm
it's for a child. Thanks

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 1:13 pm
Sara Esther Kader is an audiologist in Edison, NJ.

http://www.jfkaudiology.org/in.....gists

She works with kids.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:57 pm
I used Chana Shechter (Advanced Hearing Center) for my child's hearing test. She came highly recommended. The ENT I took my child to told me Mrs. Shechter is one of the top audiologists in the area, in his opinion.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
I used Chana Shechter (Advanced Hearing Center) for my child's hearing test. She came highly recommended. The ENT I took my child to told me Mrs. Shechter is one of the top audiologists in the area, in his opinion.

who is your ent?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:27 pm
I am an SLP in Lakewood and constantly get reports and evaluations for my clients. Mrs. Shechter is a very popular and experienced audiologist. She is very highly recommended.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:01 pm
What are your concerns? If you want a relevant answer you should give more details. As far as I know Mrs. Schechter is the go-to audiologist because she's local and convenient.
As a mom of a hearing impaired child I've been to many audiologists and I can tell the good ones from the bad. The only one I would trust is Sara Kader. Probably 90% of hearing impaired children in Lakewood go to her.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 2:05 am
Any comments about dr Enock?
And dr engel -ent from coastal in Neptune?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 11:08 am
bump

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
What are your concerns? If you want a relevant answer you should give more details. As far as I know Mrs. Schechter is the go-to audiologist because she's local and convenient.
As a mom of a hearing impaired child I've been to many audiologists and I can tell the good ones from the bad. The only one I would trust is Sara Kader. Probably 90% of hearing impaired children in Lakewood go to her.

OP here -- thank you for that (above). I actually did take my child to Mrs. Schechter and was satisfied. The thing is .. it is a few yrs later and I am not so sure that my child does not have a slight hearing loss. I know that he hears. He responds, he sings but from all my children he is always asking "what?" when I answer them either I or another child repeats for this child. Granted it is usually when there is other background noise like music playing or driving in a car but the other kids s always hear and for some reason this one child does not seem to have sharp hearing if there is background noise. So, I was wondering of I should go back to mrs. shechter or perhaps there is a top audiologist out there that can pick up even a minor hearing loss. This child has speech issues which was originally why we took him for a hearing test a few years ago. His speech has improved but it is still not up to par.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 1:24 pm
new Op. bumping this up. I was told to go to chana schechter or dr enock. for a 5 yr old boy. Has anyone been to dr enock? ANybody else use schechter recently and was happy?

mom2be1

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:12 pm
Is Enock on county line?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:15 pm
I used chana schechter recently. I alternate between chana schechter and CHOP for regular hearing tests. I've been very happy with her. I think she also explains the results and implications to me much better then I get at CHOP.

She has similar results to what I get at CHOP, currently mild to moderate hearing loss. She did the first test when it was a major hearing loss (when he was 5). My most recent test by her found more of a hearing loss in one ear then CHOP measured on the next appointment, but that could have been do to additional fluid at the time.

She is very friendly and works well with kids (I've taken 2 boys to her).

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:42 pm
Dr. Gertner near Deal in Monmouth Hospital. I think it's about a half hour from Lakewood.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 5:07 pm
bumping this to get opinions on Dr. Engel (ENT).

I've been to chana shechter and need to follow up.

Should we use Dr. Engel or Sara Kader?

Thanks for your opinions!

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 5:34 pm
went to Engel Enock and Schechter.

Dr Engel is an ENT, not an audiologist.

Actually was pretty happy with all three. (and I've been to CHOP and other ENT's as well) We are not dealing with serious hearing loss, only the infection induced kind

Found Dr. Enock to be very knowledgeable with a common sense approach

Dr. Engel is also very good. Not alarmist but very thorough.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 5:46 pm
amother wrote:
went to Engel Enock and Schechter.

Dr Engel is an ENT, not an audiologist.

Actually was pretty happy with all three. (and I've been to CHOP and other ENT's as well) We are not dealing with serious hearing loss, only the infection induced kind

Found Dr. Enock to be very knowledgeable with a common sense approach

Dr. Engel is also very good. Not alarmist but very thorough.

Thanks for responding.

So why would my dr. suggest an ENT? I am not sure about this. My child passed the hearing screening by chana shechter but one ear is boderline so our dr. suggested following up with dr. Engel. I'm not sure what the difference is between a hearing test done by an audiologist and an ENT?

Queen6

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 6:54 pm
MY child has hearing loss. I went to Dr. Enock and was very happy. He sent me then to the ENT - the ENT checks the source of the hearing loss. Maybe it can be improved, maybe it can't - but they like to know the source.
I then went to Dr. Sara Kader for a second opinion and she confirmed what Dr. Enock and the ENT both came out with.
I was very happy I went through all the steps and was happy with everyone involved.
Dr. Kader is slightly different; since she looks at the hearing from a developmental standpoint and will be able to guide you how to successfully help your child in social or school settings. She is not just giving you medical advice. She will work with you and your child's teachers how to maximize the hearing they do have.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:13 pm
Found this thread just now. I just took my 3yo to Dr. Enock and he is sending me to Dr. kader because my child was borderline in one ear.
Where is she located?
And what does this mean practically? I'm a little worried.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:43 pm
Dr kader is in old bridge now (she used to be at jfk). She is extremely good with children and very patient. Most people I know locally who are concerned about hearing loss use her. I went to Dr Engel a couple of years ago and was very unhappy with the audiology in office.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:56 pm
Dr. Boyer, Audiologist at Kimball Hospital was excellent! Very highly recommend. 7329425921
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics