Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Where to find business idea

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:15 pm
I DESPERATELY want to start my own business. I'm smart, capable, and not afraid of hard work. I want to be my own boss.

Unfortunately, I don't have an idea for my own business.

Where can I find inspiration? How do I find an innovative idea? Should I just look at what other self-employed people are doing and copy them?

Any ideas of where to start would be great! TIA

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:56 pm
maybe you can look at listed websites for sale.

Smile1234

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 4:27 am
Where are you located? Maybe ppl on this site where you are located can tell you what they feel would be necessary and is missing where you are... good place to start Smile

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 8:11 am
I've been involved with direct sales and network marketing for 15 years now. If that might be up your alley I'd be happy to schedule a phone chat with you. Always fun to have fellow imamothers on my teams. The reason I like this type of business is that you don't have to do the hard stuff yourself--- the company does it for you. Also, no spending tens of thousands on franchise fees, etc. Just small start up costs, recoupable immediately. With one of the companies I sell a product--- I pay sales tax to the company for the product and they pay it in turn---- it's not my responsibility to remit sales tax--- I like that. I don't have to manufacture the product. They do.

Having said that I also do have a service business which is turning out to be more successful than I'd planned. My challenge is time management for my separate businesses (and tax time with multiple schedule C's of course, ha ha!)

perseverance613

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 9:08 am
Whatever you do, DO NOT do "direct sales", "network marketing", "multi-level-marketing", etc. All of these "legitimate businesses" will just waste your time. I have more than a few friends who tried various "network marketing" schemes. Not only did they not make money, they alienated their friends and family to whom they tried selling products which they could go without. You stand a better chance of making money by winning a lottery than by doing "direct sales" sort of stuff.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 10:09 am
And yet I've made many thousands of dollars from my main direct sales business. Depends on how you work it.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 10:37 am
I'm not here to bash "direct sales" or "network marketing". You should know ahead of time that this field involves (certainly at the start) selling products to friends and family. Again, I don't mean this in a bad or negative way. But u will have to call/meet with ur family, relatives and friends and try to sell them a product. If ur comfortable with that- go for it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics