Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Brooklyn- Special ED or Graphic Design?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 8:55 am
So, my daughter has a useless Bachelors Degree (the only way she could use it, is to continue to a Masters), her main choices right now are special education or graphics. Which of these are easier to find a job in, and which pays better? TIA

perseverance613

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 9:29 am
Special ED has potential for stable work with up to $100/hr pay.
Graphic design has potential for unstable work with up to $30/hr pay.

You decide.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 9:37 am
I know some people in special ed who make $60 per half hour. Thats really good except they travel to childrens homes so they have car expenses I.e. gas, insurance, parking, etc. They also may not get a full case load every year. You can also work in schools but not sure how much that pays.
Graphic design you can work in an office plus you can start your own business which allows for flexibility with hours which is good for raising a family since you can work from home.

The real question is, what does your daughter like to do? Does she like to interact with people or is she more on the queiter side where she is more comfortable working alone on a computer? Because not everything is about money, she also has to be happy doing this day after day for years unless she chooses to change careers along the way.

Btw, why are these two fields the only options for her?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics