Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Looking for a book on basic hygiene

cb

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 10:41 pm
I am looking for a book on basic hygiene for my 5, 7 and 8 year old.
They should be able to read it themselves, and include hygiene, like keeping nails short and clean, face wipe after eating, washing hands, face and brushing teeth. Not to touch ‘tush’ when there is ‘kak’ there etc.
I feel they just don’t get it.
Any good recommendations?
It doesn't have to be a Jewish book.
Secular is fine, as long as it’s ‘clean’.

Learning

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 12:17 am
Maybe 'American girl doll' have this type of book.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 12:41 am
I just did an Amazon search and I got over 100 results. Most of the the books permit you a look inside.

You may want to call a local children's bookstore and find out what they have on the shelves what's selling and what they can recommend.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 9:09 am
Learning wrote:
Maybe 'American girl doll' have this type of book.

There is one and they sell it at CVS but it shows naked girls and most frum homes would not welcome it. Try the Self-Esteem Shop http://www.selfesteemshop.com/about.php. Call them and ask for recommendations and see what they have. They are knowledgeable about most parenting issues.

cb

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 1:40 pm
southernbubby wrote:
There is one and they sell it at CVS but it shows naked girls and most frum homes would not welcome it. Try the Self-Esteem Shop http://www.selfesteemshop.com/about.php. Call them and ask for recommendations and see what they have. They are knowledgeable about most parenting issues.

tx, I looked at their website, but there are way too many for me to look at. was hoping someone has a good one at home that she can recommend

cb

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 8:56 am
any specific books you can recommend? like that child doesn't understand that by not brushing teeth and hair, its not pleasant for others. and nails not too long. etc. how it may affect friendship.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 8:59 am
I was actually in the Self Esteem Shop the other day and they don't have much. Any frum person who writes a "kosher" book about that would probably sell it.

cb

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:08 pm
still looking for a good book on basic hygiene for 6-9 year old. too many to choose from on amazon.

maliza

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 9:59 pm
I've had success with Kidshealth.com, cdc.gov, your state.gov/hygiene

Teacher sites, school nurse sites, etc... offer great lessons, activities, experiments, handouts, coloring pages, etc..

You can also search for "hygiene lessons" or "teaching hygiene" etc... for "young children" or "elementary school" ,"hygiene for kids", dental health or hygiene,...

Also try searching "teaching about germs", "bacteria", "monster germs"/elementary school, etc...
input whatever terms you can think of that might bring up the topic of hygiene - but always add "elementary" or "young children", so its geared towards kids.

You should be able to put together your own hygiene booklet geared for each of your kids. much more personal and fun than a store-bought book, I think. It will take some time, but well worth the effort!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children