Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Photo orientation on digital frames

youngishbear

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 6:42 am
How do I ensure that all pictures are the desired orientation?

They're all rotated the right way on my computer, but some flip over once I transfer them to the digital frame.

doctorima

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 9:11 am
I don't think there's anything you can do. There are frames that are programmed to automatically recognize the picture's orientation and display it correctly, but if yours isn't, I doubt there's anything you can do.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 9:17 am
Using a photo editing program:

1) Can you crop the problem photos so that all the pics are the same orientation?

or

2) Can you add empty space at the sides (or top and bottom) of the problem pics to accomplish the same?

youngishbear

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 9:22 am
I read online that the picture may need to be reduced to different pixel size. Anyone know how to do that?

Otherwise I'll have to go through dozens of photos and do what rubber ducky said.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 9:25 am
Or how about a recomendation for a photo frame that does the work for me? Anyone can name a model they're happy with?

The odd thing is some of the photos do display correctly and others don't. I would love to know why.

doctorima

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 11:42 am
We have a Sony model that does it for us. It even has a feature where it knows if it's positioned horizontally or vertically, and you can tell it to only display the pictures with that orientation, so the screen is always filled and there's no empty space on a picture displayed in the reverse direction. Our model is older and discontinued, but I would assume that their current line should be capable of doing the same.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 12:23 pm
Thank you! I will look into the Sony line. Right now I needed to make this work for motzei shabbos.
Turns out it is the image size. When a photo is in portrait mode, but extremely large pixel size, the frame flips it to landscape. So the photos that were smaller stayed vertical.

I also found a way to reduce the pixel size of the large photos so that is what I'm doing Friday afternoon. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics