Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep Stretches

mha3484

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 12:50 pm
For a 3 month old who is EBF and about 12-14 lbs. How long would you let them sleep on their own at night before waking them to eat?

DS slept quite a stretch last night but I'm starting to get nervous that I should have woken him earlier.

sheep

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 12:55 pm
Mine wakes up when he's hungry Smile Ask your doctor but I let him sleep between 12-8 as long as he wants. Rest of the day I feed him on a schedule so that I can get more sleep at night without worrying about him getting malnourished.

mha3484

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 1:24 pm
I work so DH gives him one or two bottles of expressed milk on a rough schedule. He slept about 7:30-3:30am. I had gone out, cooked for shabbos went to bed and realized he was still asleep!

pause

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 1:32 pm
enjoy it while it lasts! Many babies do that n the beginning and then at about 3-4 months old begin waking up more often.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 1:42 pm
Our pediatrician advises against waking to feed....our 2 Month old sleeps between 6-10 hours overnight (goes to sleep for the night around 11 and wakes between 5am and 9am) As long as she gets all of her feeds in during the day (which mine does) it's not a problem

Miri7

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 2:53 pm
My pediatrician said we didn't need to wake to feed once baby gained back to birth weight. So long as baby is growing well, you don't need to wake to eat at night.

The only time I would wake to feed is if the baby starts taking long sleeps during the day and then Wakes more often at night. Then I would try to get lots of feeding in during the day so the long sleeps are at night.

luppamom

Post Sat, Feb 21 2015, 1:55 pm
I heard at 12 lbs. a baby can sleep 6 hrs. My DD reached 12 lbs. at 6 weeks IIRC... I was petrified when she didn't wake up and then when I heard this, I felt much better. If the baby is gaining weight/growing, I wouldn't worry.

Also, what Pause said. Rest up now b/c babies often change their sleeping habits at around 4 mos. (Mine certainly did.)

mha3484

Post Sat, Feb 21 2015, 8:06 pm
My older ds was such a bad sleeper this is a big change. Thanks everyone!

MMCH

Post Sat, Feb 21 2015, 8:11 pm
at that age I would keep them sleeping at night no matter what!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics